close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Silver Labs

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by 2manyfish, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Cork Dust

Cork Dust

NoDak+field+2016.jpg

We renamed him "sore thumb"...A.K.A. Kane; RD's Medicine Man. He was just over two YO in this picture. He is out of British FTCH Craighorn Bracken lines, as is our younger male, Flynn.

He now has a fairly large scar under his right eye where he had a "go around" with a pit bull mix that decided to come after my wife while she was out walking...you don't attack the "food lady"! I closed him up with 3M surgical glue after I got the bleeding stopped and we took him over to the clinic to let Karen's bosses look at him and determine whether to stitch him up. The other bite marks were on the very edges of his eyelids.

As a vet. tech. she loves to see shelter "rescue" dogs from metro Detroit Humane Society rescue and relocation efforts that get shipped up here. She recently pointed to one adoption "candidate" in one of their weekend ads, then proceeded to outline the three failed efforts to "match" him with suitable owners. Summary: bite risk, bite risk, bite risk-yet he still was not euthanized. The new "scheme" is to attempt to get vet. clinics to label these dogs "labrador mixed breed" when they bring them in for gratis healthcare and vaccinations at cost instead of pit bulls and pit bull mixed breeds, so owner beware.

To the OP I double checked with my wife. All those silver labs. with bite risk on their eFile header were from different breeders, with two kennels out-of-state.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
    Shiawassee_Kid likes this.
  2. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

I figure this is the right time for this

[​IMG]

3. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

ajkulish and craigrh13 like this.
  4. Duckiller

Duckiller

Could someone explain to me why I would want to take fine China and expensive cutlury to a duck blind? I generally make do with zip lock bags and plastic knives and forks.

5. Wolverine423

Wolverine423

Because he can.