close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Silver Labs

Discussion in 'MichiganWaterfowl.com' started by 2manyfish, Mar 16, 2018.

1. cronkdre

cronkdre

Not as good looking as some of the other silvers posted on here, but I like her.
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1521486629.741274.jpg
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1521486649.393902.jpg
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1521486672.009797.jpg
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1521486698.027796.jpg ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1521486754.115449.jpg

2. Duckiller

Duckiller

Why? Labs are suposedto be black with a few yellows. Clerk at a previous vet will tell you that chocolates are stupid. On my third lab. Yellow got bit by a black widow spider and had medical problems but lived to 10 and was a great family dog. First black was a british lab. Water was for swimming and balls and dummies were for retrieving.
    current American runs hard but isn't that good of a retriever and doesn't like to come when called unless she can get into a vehicle.
    Non-reputable breeders ignore breed standards. They have their heads where they shouldn't be and are doing a disservice to the breed that they are raising. Black labs blend into blinds,m yellows maybe. Idiots thought chocolates were pretty and now we have them,. This did not improve the breed. Nor does getting a bunch of different colors of yellows. Stop before I get really insulting.

3. Socks

Socks

Dear God, run now and don't look back. The price you pay for the questionable breeding of a silver lab you can get a good breeding of a lab with good breeding and genetics combined with hunt test titles that will give you a better chance of getting what you out of a hunting dog.

Oh. And people that know way more about labs than me have said that one of the 1st silver breeders was caught crossing weimwiner(sp?) with his labs for the color.

4. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

theres a group on facebook that i won't name here but its literally geared toward ripping on people that have silver labs named remington. :p lol. just saying'

5. Spartan88

Spartan88

Do you take expensive china and fancy cutlery to the duck blind? :D

6. craigrh13

craigrh13

Silver labs and any lab named “Drake”.

7. Shiawassee_Kid

Shiawassee_Kid

oh yeah it was drake....lmao

8. lefty421

lefty421

No kidding, those brown dogs are just too darn hard to hide is swamps, sloughs, and fields. I can't think of a bigger disservice to my fellow duck hunters than brown dogs.

fowl weather and ajkulish like this.
  9. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

Lol AJ I think you really hit the nail on the head the other day when you mentioned duck depression :lol: :banghead3

Last edited: Mar 20, 2018
  10. ajkulish

ajkulish

Every year. I know how irritable I can be when I don't get any.

Right now, this is a forum full of people who haven't "gotten any" since the late split :lol::smile-mad

Lamarsh likes this.
  11. craigrh13

craigrh13

0618C4E0-2A57-4FED-A7D7-2D7F83EEA59C.jpeg
    I challenge the notion that black labs blend in better. A dark yellow/fox red lab will blend in pretty dang good. My dude can blend pretty well if I have to say.
    044B3C77-EF50-40C7-B535-226044610D9A.jpeg

Doghouse 5, SND and Lamarsh like this.
  12. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

There are some really reputable breeders breeding labs in the camo brindle color now. They supposedly have a button behind one of their ears for toggling between pointing, flushing and scent trailing, and another behind the other ear to toggle temperament for field trials, hunt tests, normal hunting and laying on the couch. Their hips and elbows are made out of adamantium, and their vision is better than turkeys.

Alex Andrzejewski and Bomba like this.
  13. Bomba

Bomba Premium Member

Other than tooting your own horn what does any of this have to do with the OP question?

14. Cork Dust

Cork Dust

I offered him another option to consider...

I should also ask you, other than trying to initiate a confrontation, how does your post accomplish the same end goal?

15. Spartan88

Spartan88

I wont be impressed with breeders until they come up with a lab that has thumbs and a gortex coat.

craigrh13 likes this.