shrimp of the woods?

Discussion in 'MichiganMushrooms.com' started by DanSS26, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Mushroom Jack

Mushroom Jack

All the mushroom sites on Facebook use the slang name Shrimp of the Woods. Danss26, try them breaded and fried and dipped in Cocktail Sauce. I guarantee you'll love them. Petronius, don't go on Michigan Mushroom Hunters site on Facebook ! You'll be pulling your hair out with all the slang names they use. The main question on there is " What is it and can I eat it " I mentioned that Mushroom Books have Keys in them and I was called everything but a White Man on there. They actually became violent like, when I said quit being so lazy and do your own work on Identification. Needless to say, I just use that site when I want a good laugh !! SAM_0317.JPG

Sparky23, CWlake, DanP and 3 others like this.
  2. DanSS26

DanSS26

I seen your post on that Facebook group. Man those people are lazy, they take pictures of any mushrooms they come across and ask what is it and is it edible? I've gotten lambasted on that site for suggesting people do research to help them learn more. At least when I post for ID, I think I know what it is and ask for verification.
    Another problem with those FB groups is most people in them that are IDing mushrooms learned everything they know from FB and never actually picked them. I've seen some really bad advice there.

Sparky23, CWlake and jeffm like this.

3. Petronius

Petronius Premium Member

That Facebook site sounds like a good place to have some fun.

DanSS26 likes this.
  4. CWlake

CWlake

I'm sure the average age of that group is mid-20's. I've heard some refer to them as hipsters. All I know is they don't like to work!

Sparky23 likes this.