close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Showdown troller 2.0

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by Ryan wheeler, Jan 13, 2018.

1. Ryan wheeler

Ryan wheeler

purchased this item a few weeks ago and now as soon as I turn it on it shuts right off.??? If I hold the power button it goes to display mode and stays on... has anyone else had this problem

2. biglos

biglos

Did you charge the battery for 24 hours? The only time I had that happen was when i got excited to power it up but the battery came pretty much dead.

I took the unit out today to drill a few holes for a shakedown run and it seemed to work fine.

Kearly Shuffle likes this.

3. Ryan wheeler

Ryan wheeler

Unfortunately yes I bought another 12v battery and checked them both

4. tazdj99

tazdj99

Had same problem had to send it back but new one shuts off if it’s cold but fine after warming it up

jpcnorthwood likes this.
  5. Kearly Shuffle

Kearly Shuffle

Yeah, only time mine did that is when my battery started to get low.

6. jpcnorthwood

jpcnorthwood

I've sent mine in for repairs twice. Once under warranty and once I paid for it. Same exact thing you're describing. I'm replacing it once it starts that again. It's a flaw in the design I think. Moisture gets in to the unit and freezes or corrodes the contacts inside. I try to keep mine dry and warm to avoid any issues.

I've had it less than two years

7. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

This is one of the reasons why I didn't buy one. Read too many bad reviews on it. Any chance u could return it and get your money back?

8. stevieblunder

stevieblunder

I tell everyone who will listen. Run away from the Showdown Troller 2.0. Mine was in for repairs two times also. The problem is that the face plate with the buttons is just a sticker. If you touch the buttons with wet fingers, or snow or rain gets on the face it's a death sentence. The moisture will work around the sticker and short out the contacts. After the second factory repair I haven't used it again. It works presently but I don't feel right about selling it to someone.

jpcnorthwood likes this.