Should AirBows Be Legal in Michigan? Are They Accurate Enough? Watch this Video!

Discussion in 'Air Guns' started by UpNorthAirGunner, May 19, 2018.

1. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

Airguns are no longer considered firearms.

Honestly I see no difference between airgun and xbow aside from width.

David_E_Ward likes this.
  2. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

You are correct but the exception is for hunting where it is considered a firearm where all firearm rules apply. The hunting digest states pneumatics are considered firearms for hunting purposes.

A pneumatic weapon uses compressed air to propel the projectile where a longbow, recurve bow, compound bow and crossbow uses a string to propel the projectile. Big difference in MHO.

Drake and sureshot006 like this.

3. sureshot006

Air vs string as it relates to killing a deer makes no real difference. Still need no practice past sight in, no draw. I guess I just don't care if it were legal now.

4. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

Dam I really need to start paying attention to the titles of these threads, I thought it ment airguns as in "pellet gun" not air bow. I am in no way in favor of this contraption being aloud in bow season. My God , just man up ,grab a real bow and go hunting. If you can't well then use a xbow. We have become a society of "anything easier".

alaska86, Drake, sureshot006 and 2 others like this.
  5. jr28schalm

jr28schalm

Shet, some day i might get to use my drano bombs for deer

Drake likes this.
  6. sureshot006

guess i don't see it as any easier than a xbow. Do you?

7. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

Probably not, just louder. Xbows can be a pain in the @$$ to lug around in the woods. This thing would be just like a gun. Easy.

8. Archer Bob

Archer Bob

The airbow should be legal for both the firearm and archery season. Crossbows are legal which is great, not everyone can pull back a bow. The main difference between an airbow and crossbow is the way they are cocked, the airbow is much easier to cock than the crossbow, but both do the job killing a deer with accuracy, which should be important to a hunter, a clean shot. An arrow is an arrow, and a bullet is a bullet, does anyone complain about what rifle is used to fire a bullet? Also, I feel that the airbow would draw in firearm hunters into the archery season, which would greatly increase revenue for Michigan. Stop Whining.

Petronius likes this.
  9. Tilden Hunter

Tilden Hunter

If you want to draw firearm hunters into the archery season, then just allow firearms during it.

10. Archer Bob

Archer Bob

Each season has it's own device to use. How many black powder shooter are pouring powder down the barrel, most are using high tech ammo. Firearm shooters are using what ever ammo they wish. How many archers are using recurve bows only, a bow that I use to shoot when I was younger, but now need an easier device. Arrow is an arrow, bullet is a bullet.

Petronius likes this.
  11. ART

ART

How selfish...legislate hunters out of the woods so you can have it for yourself...

12. ART

ART

Already laws on the books covering this.

13. Archer Bob

Archer Bob

As most of us know, hunters are decreasing, reducing hunters is not the answer. Crossbows are legal, very little difference from the airbow, both fire an arrow accurately. A person buys a deer license to legally harvest a deer, what a person uses is his choice, as long as Michigan approves it. The airbow is coming, just as the crossbow came.

Petronius likes this.
  14. ART

ART

Maybe fire an arrow out of a muzzle loader with black powder...primitive technology with primitive powder providing primitive gas.....

15. Archer Bob

Archer Bob

If they make that legal, I will give it a try, ha. I respect your opinion, what is great, is that we all have a choice of what weapon we choose to hunt with, just as long as it is legal here in Michigan. Deer management is very important to prevent disease etc..., Every year I hunt, I see less and less hunters out there. Thanks for your replies.