Shot counts for the season up or down

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by fishx65, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Woodsman Traveler

Woodsman Traveler

Arenac as well. Private land, hardly heard anything this year.

jiggin is livin and theangler like this.
  2. Tilden Hunter

Tilden Hunter

In Marquette Co. I heard slightly more shots than normal, but this was due to shots coming from a direction I rarely hear them. Must be someone new.

3. Wild Thing

Wild Thing

Dickinson - 11 Shots opening day and generally 3 shots or less per day since then. Deer sightings have been the lowest we have had in 26 years. We attribute this to widespread illegal baiting around us which is going completely unenforced by the DNR.

FullQuiver and buckwacker 48097 like this.
  4. Stubee

Stubee

Montmorency County, private surrounded by miles of more private. I don’t keep count but shots were way down, maybe 1/2 normal. Buck tally from some area camps is in line with that.

5. 3shotmike

3shotmike

The total also included bow season. I am sure some of that were land owner tags.
    I know when I tried to drop my deer off they had a pile of about 100 deer waiting to go in that were dropped off in the last 24 hours.

I will say after the 19th I have not heard a shot. That is not abnormal. All private land and all crops are off.

DU Member

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  6. Martian

Martian

way down, I always got out on opener with a bow just to hear the activity. For some reason after a few shots, I get geeked thinking the noise will get something moving, or maybe i am just excited or somebody else

7. Radar420

Radar420

Way down in my area of Osceola as well. A "good" opening day is around 300 shots heard - I think I heard 27 all day (weather probably being the largest factor.) The next day with better weather had about 30 shots in the morning.

Today I'm around 10 so far.

Justin likes this.
  8. DaBruin

DaBruin

Calhoun down terrible

9. 3X8

3X8

Way way way down in the NELP

michiganreaper likes this.
  10. welder72

welder72

Way down in Clay county Indiana.

11. Macs13

Macs13

Beginning of gun I was hearing 30+ shots a night around me during the last hour of light. Now it's down to practically nothing. Of course, I'm also not really seeing any deer lately either while still seeing a lot of hunters, so that could be part of it. Lol

Sent from my SM-G988U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

12. PWood

PWood

Heard less than a dozen shots opening day in eastern Manistee Co. Heard a dozen the first hour of day two, probably because the snow that fell overnight made it easier to spot deer. Slowed down a lot since then, 0-3 shots per day.

13. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

It’s about normal for this area. About a dozen rifle shots opening day then tapered off.

14. Bucket-Back

Bucket-Back Premium Member

I've heard 1 shot in New Way To Go

15. ryan-b

ryan-b

Way down. Including my son inlaw and myself shooting I can count all shots heard where I hunt in benzie and leelanau cos on two hands. 100% a tribute this to lack of snow and a crazy big acorn crop up here. Deer can go where ever they want to feed in the big woods with no real rhyme or reason. Me personally, I’m a spot and stalk hunter 95% of the time. The lack of snow has really hampered that. A whole lot harder to spot bedded deer when everything is the same color in a see of log jams.

jiggin is livin and bowhunter426 like this.