Short mid river jig try, again, 9/22

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by 50incher, Sep 22, 2020.

1. 50incher

50incher

2 1/2 hours brother jigged Walleye I jigged Musky, hit 7 spots with 2 passes at one....got 3 Walleye from 3 spots, 2 small & 1 keeper 17" woo hoo on a white paddle tail no worm....keeper was at 17' others deep....had a Gobie follow to boat from 34' lol....

I had the most realistic Musky hit that was a snag ever for me.... jigged down, bait never hit bottom, & lifted like WHAM, then it gave a little, then nope a snag, couldn't budge it....ran above it with big motor & it broke lose & "surfed" to surface, still a pain to reel....was a piece of a boat is what I think....

Alum. covered with zebra mussels & I snagged the rubber trim ?....was exciting for @ 10 secs. lol....water is a nice green & vis. @ 5' WT 63`....no other species of fish and didn't use any worm....only birds was one buoy that had @ a dozen Terns on it ....their kinda cool and we don't see them everyday....buddy headed out for Musky & another was Perching, nice day but things still slow for us....cheers....
    DSCN0219.JPG 80 % of that is still underwater, lol....

2. wingster51

wingster51

you have salvage rights to that piece of boat. lol

3. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

Heeeeeyyyyy.... what are you jigging? Don't tell me it's one of those bondy knock offs!

50incher and Zib like this.
  4. 50incher

50incher

Ehhh, ya....I get Musky stuff every Christmas, lol....I figured with all the tiny Walleye we're getting, this looked good to me, sometimes wish I could be a Musky for a month or so :p, seriously....& I honestly don't even know what it's called or brand name, lol....

Glock1911 and sureshot006 like this.
  5. Slimshady

Slimshady

Funny story about those Bondy "knock-offs". I have known Jon since the late 90s. He taught me how to jig the river & helped me find my last boat, and I helped him build his first website, etc. He even stayed with my parents in FLA during a Elite Series event on their lake. So we go back a ways. One day I was in the BP on 9 Mile and I see those Bondy knock-offs on the rack and decided to take a picture of one and send it to Jon to see if he was aware they existed. He replied back that he knew about them, but they were not made well, lousy hooks, got tangled easily, etc.

So being the [email protected]$$ that I am, I texted him back and said "that's funny, I haven't had any problems with them so far" and just waited.... He texted me back with "Dude!! Don't buy that crap!".

I texted him back with "as if, just messin' with ya". I got him good for a minute.

sureshot006 likes this.
  6. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mods

haha! thats a good one.

I saw em at cabelas. I think 2 different brands?