Shoreline Spots

Discussion in 'Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries' started by BR3NN3N, May 23, 2017.

1. BR3NN3N

BR3NN3N

Hey guys, first post for me on here so don't break me in too hard...;)

I was wondering if anyone has any good spots on any bodies of water in Mid-Michigan that have some good Smallmouth/Largemouth/Pike/Musky action that is accessible by foot....I don't have a boat and normally only have a couple hours here and there to fish from the bank on either the Tittabawassee/Saginaw River/Cass River....I tried last night for an hour at dusk on the Titt at Imerman Park but had no luck. Saw a bunch of fish surfacing and whatnot so I felt there were some fish obviously around that area, but the river was really moving so it was tough to keep any baits where I wanted them....

I know of most all the public boat launches and public parks along the banks of the aforementioned bodies of water, but I'm looking for some decent stretches of bank kind of off the beaten path. I am a strict catch and release only fisherman when it comes to bass so it's only for the sport of it. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks in advance for any information!

2. 4h20

4h20 Banned

Welcome to the site. I am from Saginaw too. While I know quite a few good spots around here its not that easy for me to give them up on a public forum. Lake Linton behind ojibway island has large mouth and pike in decent numbers. Most trips to the tittabawassee give up smallmouth, pike and walleye for me. It's loaded with white bass right now. Hard not to catch those right now until your arms get sore from reeling them in. Most of the fish you saw surfacing were probably white bass. A good spot for smallies is the new bridge on M-13. It used to be privately owned but the state bought the land surrounding it. Great spot. That's on the flint. What sort of baits were you using last night?

BR3NN3N likes this.

3. BR3NN3N

BR3NN3N

Thanks and thank you for the information 4h20!!! I know where that is, one of these nights I'll have to shoot down there and try my luck!! Anything they've been biting one in particular? I will be up north by the bridge this weekend for my honeymoon on Lake Paradise (which I hear is a quality all around fishing lake), so my wife and I are going to fish a couple mornings/evenings perhaps while we're at our cabin rental.

As far as last night goes, I threw a few different baits...started with a rattle trap (chrome/blue), then threw a senko (bubblegum color rigged wacky) for a little bit, and then as the current died down a bit I tied on a buzzbait (1/4oz black with a gold blade) for the last 15 or so. My wife went with me and she had a nightcrawler on a bobber and just tossed it up stream and let it go. She claimed to have a couple hits but it's hard to say, lol. We worked most of the rip rap along the fishing pier at Imerman, but, unfortunately nothing to show for it. I also saw a couple other guys down there fishing for a little bit but I didn't see them catching anything either.

Also, for what it's worth, I've done well along the Titt just south of Midland along the shoreline and also above the Dow Damn in the fall on the Titt at a few local parks. The Cass River in Frankenmuth north of the Dam is quality, I've fished at Heritage Park and caught some decent numbers of smallmouth. I've also caught some nicer sized smallmouth in downtown Bay City along the River Walk on some random spots of rip rap. Thanks again guys!!

4. 4h20

4h20 Banned

Congratulations on the wedding. Good luck. As far as go to lure a white jighead with with white twister. And a popper. I hope you catch something on your honeymoon, fish.

BR3NN3N likes this.
  5. BR3NN3N

BR3NN3N

Thanks and thanks and thanks!! I'll let you guys know how it goes!! The water temp at the lake I'm going to (Paradise Lake) I'm guessing is in the mid 50's so I'm packing the jerk baits and swim baits and jigs and all those goodies!! I hear it's a decent smallie lake too!!

Tight lines guys!!

4h20 likes this.
  6. Smallie12

Smallie12

Can never go wrong with tube baits for smallies and that is all I'm saying, lol, gl

BR3NN3N and CorlewsOutdoors like this.