Selling firewood

Discussion in 'Wildlife Habitat' started by jparks02, Mar 22, 2018.

1. jparks02

jparks02

I am wondering if anyone sells bundled firewood, and if so, what do you charge? I have a potential buyer that wants 1,000 bundles wrapped at 10" x 12" x 16" (7-10 pieces per bundle). Species will be oak, maple, and any hardwood but ash and also can include 30% or less pine. I will bundle with twine so that will be less cost than bundling with wrap. I want to give a good price but also do not want to get the short end of the stick either.

jr28schalm likes this.
  2. HemlockNailer

HemlockNailer Premium Member

$3 per bundle mix of hard and soft. That will put you at over $100 per face cord.

jparks02 and smith34 like this.

3. smith34

smith34

That is fair, considering he is likely turning them over for campground firewood for $5-7 (or more depending on location) and not having to do much other than restock and collect. The labor you have in: cutting/splitting/bundling is the worst part of the process. It’s just a matter of valuing your time to do that, vs cutting firewood and selling a larger volume at around $50-60/face, but that can only be determined by you.

4. jparks02

jparks02

Thank you for your feedback!

5. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

We sell smaller amounts for $2.50 a square foot, 16" lengths, not bundled. All hardwood in 1.5 - 4" diameter or split to same size. These are the tops of the trees where the larger wood is sold as face cord or cords.

You're going to want some kind of jig for putting those together, as that's going to get old in a hurry! Got some kids or neighbors kids you can farm it out to as piece work?

coatesbk likes this.