Scent for beads?

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by Steve, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

Are any of you juicing your beads with artificial scents? Which works best?

hard head likes this.
  2. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

I personally use pro cure super gel Steve. Plenty of options. Anise, krill, salmon egg.... all have produced. Most of the time it’s unnecessary and purely a visual bite with the right color, but I have had it wake up a dead pool instantly too.

3. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

I have only used it one time after a veerrryyyy slow day, for us it did not make a difference, but then as I said, it was not a good day to start with.

4. AdamBradley

AdamBradley

Agreed you have to be on fish to catch em!... most of the time when I see it work is after catching a couple and being convinced there are more in the hole. Couple experimental color changes, then back from the bead we caught them on but with scent before we leave for the next hole.... certain rivers it doesn’t seem to work on, other rivers, particularly those stocked with skams or natural repro though, it does pay off.

5. LushLife

LushLife

i remember being told that this time of year, when the water is cold, that scent doesn't matter because a steelhead's sniffer shuts down - any thoughts?

6. jd4223

jd4223

Some times I'll use a piece of cotton pulled apart then thread my line through it and dip it in scent then slide the cotton over the bead like a veil.

7. nighttime

nighttime

Anise has worked for me. Pro cure gel is popular. At times I’ve noticed scent increasing bites. Helps mask human odor is a good bonus. There’s been times I thought it had negative effect on bite also. Almost always have it on me to mix in the rotation.

8. Chromedoggy

Chromedoggy Premium Member

Hard beads- small piece of yarn through peg hole to soak.
    Soft beads- water based pro cure

9. Fishndude

Fishndude

I used some red (anise) scented rubber eggs in AK on a river once, and hooked at least 5x as many fish on that, as I did an a plain bead, when they were fished in tandem. It did not matter if the scented bead was on top, or bottom. It just got bit a lot more.

10. flowie

flowie

Smelly jelly or I have even thrown a few fresh eggs or shrimp in a jar with a few.beads and used them like that. Pautske Firepower in a paste is a good bead scent.7

11. adam bomb

adam bomb

Pro Cure gel for me. I agree with others, kind of mixed results. It stays on incredibly well that’s for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Brougham likes this.