Saturday

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by bouttime, Oct 23, 2020.

1. BuckeyeFootball

BuckeyeFootball

Id triple check my drain plug with how today is going.

2. Smooz

Smooz

3. Divers Down

Divers Down

That’s a lot of lead split shots to get to 10 pounds.

Radfisher1980, Matt D and terrylee86 like this.
  4. Fishndude

Fishndude

It sounds like someone hasn't been trolling in a while. lol. Trailer popped off the hitch, and after putting it back, you only later realized the light plug had pulled out? :eek: I've considered making laminated checklists to use for going Walleye fishing @ Erie. But the thing is, once I go twice, I have the routine down again.
    In Spring, the first time I fret and busy about everything. Find all my gear, and some I don't really need. Pack it nicely in the truck. Double, triple, and quad-check EVERYTHING. Leave nice and early, get there early, worry about everything. It literally takes me an hour to get ready. Second time takes 30 min. After that, I throw the stuff in my truck, hook up the trailer, and am gone in 10-15 minutes, and never forget anything.

Can't solve for the broken glasses, but I avoid McDonalds, in general. I've used pay at the pump for gas, exclusively, for way over a decade.

A2Angler and sureshot006 like this.
  5. milanmark

milanmark Premium Member

Hope you got into some fish!

6. Bottomfeeder

Bottomfeeder

People need to quit worrying about fronts and barometric pressure and just go. Yes it was a little bumpy and cold initially but the fish were snapping. Did slow down about 1. 94 and didn’t move . 29 ft green beads were best. Big fish was almost 14. 0E99D2C0-658B-42F1-A534-42625E8BE788.jpeg

7. the roofer

the roofer

They are snapping like mad still..was gonna move by u .but started catching and never moved..still out catching and relaxing/releasing..

8. Smooz

Smooz

On the water at 11 after the Jeff's / Domkas detour for minnows. Tried running cranks in the bay due to the wind but too many weeds. Gave up trolling to start Perch'n . Started out in front of Fermi at 26' about 1 ish. Took a few then tried another location and got a few more. Called on the radio and got the intel that the bite was on at the line (Big Thanks) Steady bite, running 2 rods both dead stick. Hook one and while pulling fish off, the other rod goes off, got some good ones @ 11" but 75% were 8" clones. Felt good, the (perch'n) noob I brought along took first fish and took the biggest fish. Left with 50 for the two of us. Went through 2 scoops. Great day on the water, what a great fishery we have.

Attached Files:

9. the roofer

the roofer

Hell ya..it got so crazy we couldn’t drop the rod..left with them still biting like mad..I was gonna sleep in tomorrow and rake leaves..but I think I’ll go fishing instead..

10. Smooz

Smooz

At the line was the spot! Soon as you dropped a line down (bump bump) lift "feels heavy" set hook!! Didn't matter if I had whole or half minnow they were a snappin. Bad day perching is better than any day raking leaves. The size has gotten better over the last couple of weeks for sure. Tight lines all

11. FishManDan

FishManDan

Went to spot from Tuesday and Friday last week out in front of Fermi. Umichguy started before I got a line in the water. He used 1 rod at first and smacked the yellow bellies. I could not buy one seemed white perch then farm animal. Felt a bit like Charlie Brown then finally started getting some but never caught up. Pretty much stayed within 100yrd of the mark all day.
    Was 23.5 fow. 20201024_185413.jpg 20201024_151634.jpg

12. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

So,how did the rest of day go.Hope you got on some perch.

13. J Sibert

J Sibert

So the rest of the story. Headed out of ssp and my plan was to go off Stoney point to the line and work my way back. Nope. Very cold. Very rough. Very wet. So shut her down right at outer edge of bay and the lake. Asked wife what do you want to do. She said let’s fish. Dropped anchor and didn’t move. Caught fish for the next four hours. Had a blast. Used our perch rigs and caught walleye, perch, wb, wp and one huge sheep. Ended up keeping three nice walleye and a doz perch. Bet we caught 50 fish.

rs2, jumbojake, Lake Boy and 4 others like this.
  14. milanmark

milanmark Premium Member

Sounds like it turned out well! Way to make lemonade out of a lemon!

J Sibert and David Mackinder like this.
  15. David Mackinder

David Mackinder

That’s a bad start. Hope you had better luck later ☹️