saturday mid river perch search

Discussion in 'Detroit River and Lake Erie' started by wingster51, Sep 20, 2020.

1. wingster51

wingster51

My son and I did a perch search saturday. We ended with 6 keepers 9 inches . We caught many smalls, a channel cat, two smallmouth, and a largemouth. Not one sheep. Water temp was around 64. We looked for minnows on the surface jumping, weeds, and deeper water close by. Confined our fishing to 12 fow or less. Weeds seemed to thin out at that depth in all the places we tried. Water was pretty dirty for some reason and loaded with floating weeds. We had fathead minnows from the Dipnet and I dont know if that made a difference or not. Good luck out there and stay safe everywhere.

2. roeha

roeha

If u can find emerald shiners they will make a world of difference most times. Hopefully the bite picks up soon for the perch.

FishManDan likes this.

3. 50incher

50incher

That's better than I would of thought, esp. with fatheads and that dirty water....but it was a beautiful morning, brisk, calm and blue skies !....

We saw ya out there, just as we were running up to talk to you, you headed north....that 1st spot we saw you was the cleanest water we came across & still dirty, we jigged Walleye for 2 hours or so and said to heck with it, not one hit....took today off, lol....always wonder how folks do, thanks for the report wingster....

ps...I love good Emerald shiners & HATE dirty water, lol....cheers....