close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Salmon Snagging Fact.

Discussion in 'Cold Water Species Fishing' started by LLSSt Clair, Aug 30, 2017.

1. Cork Dust

Cork Dust

And...you didn't think anyone was out there paying you and Jim homage!!
    I don't recall what the size was, but in your post you mentioned the fish that were dominating the board in that tournament...can you add a value to this thread?

The other point that should be noted from these pics is that they are of both wild (note the adipose fin) and hatchery origin fish, indicating that large fish are neither the sole function of age or genetics, just adequate forage...!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    itchn2fish likes this.
  2. Apple Knocker

Apple Knocker

The last pic was from the KD Tourney, Door County. There were several 30# + fish entered, seems like I read of a 35 or 36 taken by someone in the area who was not entered in the contest. IMG_1097 (768x1024).jpg Keep catching these weird looking salmon now, don't know what is up

itchn2fish likes this.

3. Thirty pointer

Thirty pointer

Salmon -goby hybrid

itchn2fish likes this.
  4. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

Carferries havnt ran since April 2,1982 and I’m sure they stop dumping in the lake before that

itchn2fish likes this.
  5. Cork Dust

Cork Dust

We were out north of you a couple of dozen miles. We used to opportunity to get our "sea legs" while pounding around in the heavy swell for five days...our fish nearly all came from running against the sea. I swear we were all significantly shorter after that experience. My fusion site didn't think much of the whole process!

My nephew was down, west and north of you for a redfish fly fishing tournament a couple of years back. They placed, but not high enough to be in "the Money". When I asked him what he thought of them as table fare, he said he preferred fried bluegill... He and his dad have access to a couple of lakes where there are NICE fish, largely because the majority of residents on these lakes do not fish!
    12420.jpeg

itchn2fish likes this.
  6. fishmagnetmike

fishmagnetmike gone fishin

At Foote site dam in Oscoda back in the snagging days the Dam store would buy eggs 1$ a pound was most I ever saw and I spent the whole fall there