Salmon Showdown

Discussion in 'Cold Water Species Fishing' started by hardwater_ben, Jan 24, 2018.

1. hardwater_ben

hardwater_ben

Does anyone know if or when season 8 is going to air?

2. steelheadmaniac

steelheadmaniac

There was no filming of the show last season..(2017) I believe they only filmed the 4 boat 10grand side bet at the manistee monster at end of year but I have yet to hear if it was actually produced into a show..

3. hardwater_ben

hardwater_ben

I figured it wouldn’t last much longer. Would’ve been the best season too film since 2013 with the size of those fish.

4. Luckycatch75

Luckycatch75

[QUOTE="hardwater_ben, post: 6607156

If that show would have had 15 minutes worth of usable information instead of 15 minutes of commercials with the balance showing the boats running in/out and the crews BSing it would have been worth watching. Every show was the pretty much the same so I stopped watching. It’s a shame because i thought it had potential too.....

5. SJC

SJC

No kidding. My boys are constantly mocking and making fun of the show while we are on the boat. It's bad when you have an eight year old yelling, " there's one for the 333 scales!", in an exaggerated Scotty Mac voice every time a nice one hits the deck...

6. slightofhand

slightofhand

It was a poor product from the beginning. Generally very very poor fishermen paying $1000 to get filmed in order to try and build their reputations and be famous. The macdonalds made money hand over fist on these clown show teams and came back with more skunks than winners. Glad to see it go. If host tournaments got on top 3 boats after day one it would be more exciting but the whole 333 format is a dud with pay to
    Play encouragement. No skill and lots of
    Luck. Would rather see skill and limits and winners instead of duds

Sparky23 likes this.
  7. matinc

matinc

Wow quite negative assessments. If you can do better let's see it. As a person who fishes these tournaments I understand the challenges and what happens on the boat. Calling these teams clowns is very disrespectful. Ol slight of hand what qualifies you as an expert.

8. slightofhand

slightofhand

I fished on two of the clown show teams that’s why! We had no clue what we were doing but we had $1000 to buy our way to fame and fortune. Just not a good product or format that’s all. Would much rather prefer watching the top host tournament teams fish instead of the crews I fished with that had no clue. I wasn’t particularly jazzed about getting into it but it wasn’t my boat. God did we do awful

danthebuilder and RyanV like this.
  9. matinc

matinc

Interesting. We placed second two years ago in Ludington amateur division with a two man team. Quite a feat I believe. I wish the tournaments were restricted to the amount of anglers on the boat. I am curious what boats you fished with.

Horseshoe and Highball28 like this.
  10. Highball28

Highball28

I fished the Holland Big Red Classic this year with a boat from Chicago who needed a mate with experience and knowledge of the area. I had no idea what I was getting into. I worked on a charter out of holland all season and had seen the best of the best and expected the same from this father and son team.

Far from. The equipment was outdated and nowhere near anything I would use to fish this area. Well we caught all our fish to weigh and finished 10th and made some money. Blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.

11. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

I liked the one where the guys were standing on the stern of the boat in early June at Grand Haven where the water was in the 50's. Always a good move.

12. No Mas

No Mas

Saw that too binge watching on the new Firestick. I always like the ones who belly up to their outboards to net their walleye.

13. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

Can you crank the wheel around and mess with the net guy?

14. cmaser

cmaser

Hi! I was the Producer/Editor on Salmon Showdown, and a friend had pointed this thread out too me.

Nope. No season 8

That was the initial plan during the editing of season 7. I was moving on too a new career opportunity, but we had brainstormed filming the finale. However, nothing materialized.

Thanks too everyone who watched the show (even if you hated it). It was an amazing 7 years.

15. matinc

matinc

Good job cmaser. It was tough n hard to edit in a short time constraint for TV. The morning crazy shotgun start n boat parade was the best part.

cmaser likes this.