Safety line /life line

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by johnhunter247, Oct 21, 2020.

1. 7mmsendero

7mmsendero

For what it’s worth the Muddy three pack was $70 through Walmart marketplace 3 weeks ago. Pretty decent deal.

LabtechLewis likes this.
  2. LabtechLewis

LabtechLewis

The Do-It center by Buck Lake had some climbing/arborist supplies on the shelf when I went looking earlier this summer. It was less expensive to buy the pre-made lifeline, so I walked out. I cannot remember exactly what they offered. You'd have to call and see.

https://www.yellowpages.com/hamburg-mi/mip/wards-do-it-center-5793358

johnhunter247 likes this.

3. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Baileys Online and a Forestry Suppliers has arborist rope.

4. Smitty03

Smitty03

Personally I would go with a true climb line an prusik set up, me being a tree trimmer I don’t really care for the safety lines from muddy buddy an others. My life is depending on a rope so I feel a lot comfortable in my climbing ropes then a rope from a non arborist company. That’s just my 2 cent. But Bartlett tree store in marlette mi has everything so does tree stuff.com. If your close to me I have a few new climbing ropes that are 50 ft I’d be happy to part ways with!

5. Steve

Steve Staff Member Admin

I used to do this all the time. Not quite sure how I got the job done, but I did many times.

U of M Fan and brushbuster like this.
  6. trucker3573

trucker3573

You could tie the end off 8 to 10 ft up and hook up at that height. I generally do that anyway to make it more difficult for the d bags to steal the caribiner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. jjlrrw

jjlrrw

I picked up the three pack I think they are ~30 feet long, another option is make your own if needed longer like the OP needs. One thing I don't like about the HSS system is the rope is reflective, I didn't realize it until I shot a deer near dusk and went back an hour after dark to retrieve it that rope along with my bow rope looked like neon lights, made me wonder with a deer having different sight than humans what do they see?

I did the same thing when younger, once talking to a co-worker and he learned I was not using a safety harness he gave me a few worst case examples and even offered to buy me a harness system, his example of what could happen was not something I could ignore any longer. I didn't take him up on his offer, but I did purchased a vest and rope system that night with his recommendations. It did take a bit to get used to but now it's like not putting on your seat belt when getting into a car. If you don't do it for yourself do it for other in your life.

MichiFishy and brushbuster like this.