Sad Day!!!

Discussion in 'Icefishing Lk. St. Clair' started by Ed Rosenquist, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Ed Rosenquist

Ed Rosenquist

I'm putting away my gear, and I realize that half of my Ficious Jigs are gone. I know that this is a loooong shot, but if anyone's found a blue pack of ficious jigs at Daysail, they're mine!!! I bought them after reading about them on this forum, and though I didn't catch tons of fosh, those jigs (almost ALL actually) were caught on the fry size Glow Green Bug Eye jigs. Amazing lures! I still have 2 because they were on my rods when I left. The blue case on the right in this pic is what I lost. Sad sad day!!! 1875.jpeg

2. Tryin2

Tryin2

Sorry for your loss and good luck getting them returned. As seen a few times on here this year there are still some honest folks out there hopefully one of them picked them up and sees your post

3. Some dude

Some dude

I'm heading there now , I'll keep an eye out. I'll also tell "I'd rather be fishing" to look , He's leaving the ice in a few

4. 6667supersport

6667supersport

Sorry to hear that..............................

5. just afew

just afew

Where abouts at the day sail? I'll be out tomorrow right so I will keep my eyes out

6. Ed Rosenquist

Ed Rosenquist

LOL! HAPPY DAY! I'm glad to report that my Ficious jigs have been found. They managed to get out of my heavy coat inner pocket fall in the truck floor and slide up under my seat!!! I was giddy as a schoolgirl when I found that little case!!!

Bob D, Tryin2, Joe Archer and 8 others like this.
  7. LumberJ

LumberJ

From Websters:

Ficious Jig- [Fi-cious Jig]
    noun
    1) a lively dance with leaping movements performed after the rediscovery of thought-to-be-lost lures

8. jockorls.

jockorls.

Ed I'am you found them

9. Far Beyond Driven

Far Beyond Driven

After finding a water logged tackle case in a river one time and having no way of getting it back to it's owner, I went on a mission to put mailing labels inside all my trays and then covered them with packing tape. Then put my phone number on everything with Sharpie. Then took the reels off my rods and etched the reel seat and rod seat with my number, which would be a good way to ID them if stolen.

10. I'd rather be fishing

I'd rather be fishing

Glad you found your stuff. I've been reorganizing and came across 5, F11 Rappalas, 3 bags of Fin-S Fish, and about 3 pounds of various lead head jigs (from my CAN fly-in days). I just need to find my twister tails and I'm all set.

Some dude likes this.
  11. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Staff Member Mods

My jig box, all my reels have my name and phone number in sharpie. Bags and other bulky items have brass trap tags fixed to them.

I recommend this to everyone, we spend a lot of money on our equipment, crap happens. Stuff falls out, blown out or left behind. If you take the few seconds to put your name and number on it more than likely it will be returned to you if it gets in the hands of an honest person.

Ed Rosenquist and Carpenter Bill like this.