S&W Model 15-3 Value

Discussion in 'Firearm Identification/Value' started by dalejiw25, Jan 30, 2015.

1. dalejiw25

dalejiw25

1969 Model 15-3 (stock/no mods) 4" In Excellent condition with numbers matching grips. Match grade hammer and trigger w/adjustable rear sight. Exceptional fit and finish. Very slight wear on cylinder from being holstered. My personal favorite.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  2. 9mm Hi-Power

9mm Hi-Power Premium Member

Nice Smith. I paid $595.00 for my 15-3 earlier this month. Its D.O.B. is 1971:

[​IMG].

I thought it was bit over-priced because of condition but I wanted a .38 Smith for some upcoming competition, it has a truly wonderful trigger and I like the speed-loader cutout on the left hand stock. Your stocks being numbered to the gun is a big plus as S & W discontinued that practice shortly after your gun left the factory. Kind of hard to tell from the photos as to exact condition etc. but I would put it at $650.00 - $700.00 to the right buyer. Not a big collector's market for post-1957 M15s (as opposed to pre-1957 K-38s) unless they're in 98% + with box, tools etc.

It's certainly a much, much nicer and better made and finished revolver then anything new on the market today - Smith, Ruger, etc.. Hope this helps.

Hoppers no. 10

P.S.

*Smith & Wesson called them "Target" triggers and hammers not "Match" also Colt handguns have "grips" but Smiths' have "stocks."

3. dalejiw25

dalejiw25

Thanks for the info 9mm. Nice to know. I don't know a whole lot about this gun other than it sure is a nice, accurate shooter also the trigger pull and fit is real nice. This was gifted to me, years ago, from a close friend and will stay with me forever. I have several newer model wheelers(my preference) and none compare to the feel of this one. Not only the fit, finish and feel, it's a work of art. It's also my winter CCW. Yours too, is very nice.

4. amon

amon

Nice one!
    Bought a similar one for $450, I think that was a good deal.