Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Ruger 10/22 magazines

5K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Jon Freese 
#1 ·
I bought a 10/22 just over a month ago, I bought a magazine with it. It was a 25 rd Ram line magazine. It jammed 1 to 2 times a magazine at first but has gotten better so it usually jams 1 time every 50 rds or so. I would like to find some really reliable magazines that work all of the time not just sometimes. What magazines do people use? Any expirence with butler creek steel lips or champion magazines? I recently bought a hot lips magazine and it jams over half of the time. Any input would be great. Thank you.

Sent from my VS501 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

#11 ·
I bought a 10/22 just over a month ago, I bought a magazine with it. It was a 25 rd Ram line magazine. It jammed 1 to 2 times a magazine at first but has gotten better so it usually jams 1 time every 50 rds or so. I would like to find some really reliable magazines that work all of the time not just sometimes. What magazines do people use? Any expirence with butler creek steel lips or champion magazines? I recently bought a hot lips magazine and it jams over half of the time. Any input would be great. Thank you.

Sent from my VS501 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
I agree that Ruger mags are the way to go; however my old 1981 10/22 doesn't like any lead round nose bullets;but works well with any .22 with a copper wash.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.