Round Barn Public House and Brewery

Discussion in 'Michigan Micro Brewery forum' started by Bear Buster, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Bear Buster

Bear Buster

This is my first post. Cool to see a beer lover's section. I am the winemaker for Round Barn Winery, Tabor Hill Winery and Free Run Cellars in the Baroda Michigan area. I brewed professionally but that was 30 years ago. Mainly I have made wine.

Just curious if any of you have visited our brewery and pub in Baroda or one of our winery tasting rooms. We also distill various products.

I have only been in Michigan for about a year and a half so I have not visited too many breweries yet.

Cheers to all, Brian

Mike likes this.
  2. Up North Engineering

Up North Engineering

Welcome, Brian!
    I have not personally visited but my neighbor frequently goes to Chicago and will usually stop in. He has great things to say about the place, and I enjoy the beer he brings back for me. We don’t get much RB beer in the Detroit area, so I appreciate it when he gets me some. I can’t say I’ve tried your wine, but I’ll put in a request for his next trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Bear Buster

Bear Buster

Thanks for the welcome. Glad you are liking the beers. Let me know what you think of the wine when you can.

4. pilatusbahn

pilatusbahn

Been to Round Barn.
    Beer was fabulous.
    Wine, not my thing, but wife grabbed 4 bottles. Need make a trip back for spirits.

Great variety and staff were welcoming and very hospitable.

Suggest for anyone in SW corner of the state.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Liver and Onions likes this.
  5. Mochadog

Mochadog

Great place. Visited last summer and had great time barn tasting is a great idea .Do the VIP tour upstairs

Liver and Onions likes this.
  6. Bear Buster

Bear Buster

Mochadog, thanks for your favorable report. Upstairs in the Round Barn is a unique experience for sure.

7. BVW

BVW

Yes I have been there! Nice place and really good stuff!

8. Bear Buster

Bear Buster

We had our annual Sangria Party yesterday. We lucked out with great weather and had a huge turnout. We released our first ever White Sangria and it was well received. The Red Sangria we have made for years has been quite popular but some folks would ask of we had a white veraver. We finally decided to make one.

9. No Mas

No Mas

I'm guessing you can only purchase this from Round Barn? Always like a good Sangria!!

10. Bear Buster

Bear Buster

It is available at some bars and restaurants. Silver Beach Pizza in St Joseph sells a bunch. It is on tap there. So far we are just kegging it but we are planning to also bottle it. It is carbonated so it will have to be in stronger bottles like used for Champagne but it will have a screw cap. Hope you have a chance to try them both sometime.

11. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia

I drank a bottle of Round House blueberry this past weekend and have drank many a bottle of R.H. apple through the years, more than I'd like to admit....lol

Take this coming from a Michigan fruit wine connoisseur for many a year with multiple wineries within spittin distance of my almost new home near Petoskey, Round Barn makes some very good wine and have for years, so don't screw it up.....;):)

12. Bear Buster

Bear Buster

Ok Jimbos. I think you will be pleased with all that we are up to these days.

Jimbos likes this.