close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Rouge Fly Rods.

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by RippinLipp, Jul 29, 2017.

1. RippinLipp

RippinLipp

Anyone know anything about these rods? Quality of material.. Any info would be greatly appreciated..

2. troutguy26

troutguy26

Rogue out of Oregon?

3. RippinLipp

RippinLipp

4. troutguy26

troutguy26

I bought a blank from them and had it tied into a trout rod. Love it. Can't speak on their prwmade stuff but my guess Is it will be good. They are a nice little company to deal with.

5. RippinLipp

RippinLipp

Theres not alot of info on them thats why I asked.. What I did find was that some people say there just as good as Loomis and some say better..
    Its also not a production rod. I purchased 2 brand new one from a garage sale still in the original packaging with plastic on the cork.. 8wt and a 9wt for $100 for both.. On thier site they list for $295 ea..

troutguy26 and boomer_x7 like this.
  6. troutguy26

troutguy26

Yea man cant beat that. If I remember right Loomis is his uncle or some relation of his. I can't speak highly enough of the rod I got. But I didnt get the deal you got and paid a bill just for the blank. Lol

RippinLipp likes this.
  7. RippinLipp

RippinLipp

I did find a little more info and it said that they had a huge finanical backing and that Loomis was involved in the R&D of the rod blanks.

troutguy26 likes this.
  8. REG

REG

Have a couple of their sticks. You won't go wrong.

9. REG

REG

To me, it's kind of like between a GL3 and an IMX. I have a 6'6" 6-12# smallie/wallie factory rod and a 9 1/2' 7-8 wt. that a guy I used to get my rodbuilding stuff from built out for me. The smallie rod is light and pretty fast. The flyrod has good power, but IMHO has perhaps 1 or 2 many guides on it so it feels like that extra weight dampened the top 1/3rd quite a bit.

RippinLipp likes this.
  10. RippinLipp

RippinLipp

I thought about trying it on salmon but think it might be a little under power. It will be a great steelie rod though.

11. REG

REG

9 wt should be good for kings, no?

12. RippinLipp

RippinLipp

I was told a 9wt might be a little under powered and a 10wt was Ideal. But after some reading alot of people say a 9wt is fine. Then again I dont really know why I would think a 9wt would not be enough rod when I regularly use a 9' Med lt for river kings.

13. RippinLipp

RippinLipp

Stopped by Shultzs outfitters in Ypsi today to get some material and talked to the guys there!! They said a 9wt is good for salmon but with the bigger fish this year it might a chore.. Think im gonna test its limits this year!-!

troutguy26 likes this.