Rogers Pond Muskegon River

Discussion in 'Icefishing LP inland lakes and rivers' started by BigRapids, Jan 5, 2014.

1. BigRapids

BigRapids

I fished rogers pond for the first time last night. Walked straight out and right from launch till i found 18' of water. Drilled probably 20-30 holes all around and barely marked them. Caught a total of 10 crappie between us all. Any crappie suggestions? Also i think you could kill pike and whatever else on tip ups. Any suggestions for those there? Thanks

2. mondrella

mondrella

There are some nice fish in Rogers if you can stumble on them. I seem to find all the spots with the channel cats through the ice. Lots abf lots of them buggers in the pond.

3. nichola8

nichola8

When I used to go to school up there we fished Rodgers quite a bit through the ice. The bay right in the loaction where you were at is where we always did good on crappie. Always caught a couple right before dark and usually did pretty good after dark there with minnows under a slip bobber, and a jig with spikes. Have only caught 1 pike out there along with a handful of smallmouth on tip-ups. We always managed to pick away atleast 1 walleye and a few jumbo perch jigging the main channel before dark. Its a hellacious walk when theres snow and slush. About 14-17' FOW.

4. RCS

RCS

I will soon move up to the reed City Big Rapids area and will be fishing Rogers Pond is there a Marina where I can fuel my boat while imI on the water in case I need to

5. mondrella

mondrella

Nope! It's a fairly small impoundment.