Rods for drop shoting

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by 7x57, May 26, 2020.

1. 7x57

7x57

I'd like to experiment with drop shotting this year and would like to know the recommended rods,
    reels, line,hook type etc.Any and all info would be helpful.

2. KrappieJ

KrappieJ

We drop shot for gills and perch 4lb test long ultralights with 1/64-1/80th oz jigs with different kinds of plastic my favorite is the Berkely power nymph

3. aacosta

aacosta

i like a 7' one piece ML or M for drop shotting bass. Braid, use a leader in clear water. If im using a bigger bait ill texas rig it to make it weedless and cast it. Deeper water, nose hook. Depends on preference. Lots of youtube videos out there. Zoom fluke in white is a go to for me.

jstfish48162 and 7x57 like this.
  4. bowhunter426

bowhunter426

I picked up a St Croix Bass X Medium Light Extra fast last year and coupled it with a small Pfluger president with 6lb line. Been really happy with it for bass when either drop shot or ned rig fishing

5. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Loomis, 7'6 med to med/light.. lb test depends on what I'm fishing for. I was using 10lb power pro for bass the other day and it was perfect. For perch and gills I prefer 4lb pline, if the wind is really blowing I will switch to 6lb pline. I almost always fish pa's for panfish. Bass I will use a variety of stuff including Berkley gulp and my favorite is a yum dinger!

6. Arron Kowalczyk

Arron Kowalczyk

For bass, Loomis Shaky Head Rod Mag Med (822S SYR), PowerPro 10lb, Owner Mosquito Light #1 Hook, and 8 or 10lb Flouro Leader. Use regular flouro line not leader material, it'll save you some cash. I use a Lews TLC3000 reel, but you can use just about anything. The rod is the most important component, in my opinion.

7. Mr Burgundy

Mr Burgundy

Luv my Loomis rods!!