Robbed in the shanty

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by fishmagnetmike, Jan 6, 2018.

1. knu2xs

knu2xs Canoeist Premium Member

Small world, the first 18 years of my life I lived on South Cornell between Fulton & Summit and went to Northgate from kindergarten thru 6th grade.

On top of that I worked nights at Buick for almost 30 years and spent a lot of time in the after hours joints down by The Buick.

In all that time I was only robbed once and shot at twice, once at the RR Tracks near Carpenter & Dort..........

2. Whitetail_hunter

Whitetail_hunter

Thats crazy, I've been shot at once in my life and guess we're that was. The tracks at Dort and carpenter too, don't plan on it happening again so I'll stay away at night.

TK81, Scout 2 and knu2xs like this.

3. Scout 2

Scout 2

Like the kid that got asked if he could wish for anything what would it be. He said I would like to know the date and place I will die. Teacher asked why he wanted to know that. He said I would make sure I never went there on that date

4. sureshot006

sureshot006

well apparently the truth is it didn't even happen. It would be really obvious if it did! Beat so bad with golf clubs and baseball bat that it took him a long time to get back to the car? It's either true or fabricated. And from what you said before, it was fabricated.

morgan311 likes this.
  5. leadbelly

leadbelly

I figured it was b.s from the get go. I figured dude told wife be was going fish. But really went to go see pookie and Ray Ray cuz they had a 3 twenties for fifty sale. You know the phat rocks. Got ripped off. Went back like he was a hard pecker wood and got crumbled like the cracker he is.

6. cropido

cropido

This whole thing smelled " fishy " to me from the begining ( pun intended ) There are bad areas within minutes from most of the lakes a lot of us fish. Detroit ? Saginaw ? Genn County ? I refuse to be consumed by fear and mis trust when I head out to wherever I'm fishing. Have met some blue ribbon people out and about ... with a sprinkling of azz holes mixed in. I have some life long memories that were made on the water... hard or soft. I use common sense and follow my instincts when I am out. I am more afraid of hitting some bad ice than I am of being assulted. That being said I watch my 6 at all times and usually go with others. When alone ... I feel protected as I prepare as best anyone can for the unexpected. Crime takes place all over our state. From the so called nice areas down to the so called bad areas. Get out and nail some fish. Be careful and dont let fear rob us of our passion. Tight lines. Cropido aka Ben Out !!! :coolgleam

Drake, Howard Baumann, 4h20 and 7 others like this.
  7. Nostromo

Nostromo

Victims tend to be targets of opportunity. You know, wrong place at the wrong time. That's not how this incident looked then.

The thing you mention later about "busting caps"? We've been killing each other since Cain and Abel. Can you show me how things have gotten better? Keeping with the biblical theme. This tends to be a world where you reap what you sew. Do bad, and bad gets done to you. Funny thing about that though. The more good you do the harder life seems.

Welcome to the forum.

jeffm likes this.
  8. lil bluegill

lil bluegill

Welcome to the forum.[/QUOTE]

Don’t think it’ll last long.

6Speed and jeffm like this.
  9. JAA

JAA

Somebody hasn't crawled out of the bottle yet from Last Night :nono::nono::lol:

jeffm likes this.
  10. Buddwiser

Buddwiser

Hope you are enjoying your time here. I have a feeling its going to be rather short though.

6Speed likes this.
  11. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

I had two morons with a knife try to rob me on Chandler Par Golf Course in the D years ago. Broke the hell out of one morons knife holding forearm with a pitching wedge, other jackhole took off like he was shot out of a cannon.

12. Nostromo

Nostromo

Well, Chandler was always a tough course.

Interesting you went with the wedge though. I guess you had to have been there.

Liver and Onions likes this.
  13. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

You know Chandler?. I missed the green on the par 3 14th, right by the houses in the NW corner by I94.. The wedge is what I had in my hand. I think I would use the same club again, short, fast and heavy. :D

14. The Rev.

The Rev.

looks like someone recently found the parking lot 8 ball and is still riled up