Robbed in the shanty

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by fishmagnetmike, Jan 6, 2018.

1. sureshot006

sureshot006

"not that kind of trailer park". Then what kind is it? A campground?

Its probably not fair at all to throw all trailer parks and people that live there into the same bucket but I've yet to see one that didn't lower the property values of nearby homes, if you catch my drift.

Jimbos likes this.
  2. herefishyfishyfishy

herefishyfishyfishy

I get what your saying but I meant by that kind by having thugs and such.

sureshot006 likes this.

3. kingfisher 11

kingfisher 11

Reminds me of something that was said by a friend who was a AD. We had TV5 come to the school because something happened. They interviewed one woman who was nuts, no one knew her. His comment was " I guess what TV5 did was take a trailer park and turn it upside down and interviewed whatever fell out!" I thought is funny because we ran the youth sports and he being a lifer know one knew here.

herefishyfishyfishy likes this.
  4. Whitetail_hunter

Whitetail_hunter

Indian hills is not the nicest trailer park, not sure on how the people are that live in there. When I heard about this I thought it had to happen on the west end of the lake, lots of punks in genesee but I dont see this type of thing happening there. Now over by Bray and carpenter is a different story, wouldn't hang out there after dark. I know a guy who found a "ball" in that parking lot, when u find stuff like that in a parking lot you know you shouldnt fish there.

fishmagnetmike likes this.
  5. herefishyfishyfishy

herefishyfishyfishy

I also thought the west end when I heard it. But I seen the guy fishing in the morning on the east end. One of the things we will never know the truth I guess.

Whitetail_hunter likes this.
  6. fishmagnetmike

fishmagnetmike gone fishin

The trailer park on center rd by carpenter rd is the closest to Mott lake and full of riff raff

7. crossneyes

crossneyes

Better to be judged by 12,than carried by 6.

ajkulish and herefishyfishyfishy like this.
  8. addictivefishing12345

addictivefishing12345

The last thing to ever believe are the posts on facebook about stuff like this. There was a post not long ago saying state officials found around 50 human bodies at the bottom of the Flint River. That some of the bodies were from years ago and that some of the bodies were connected to the water with lead in Flint. To cover up what happened, as usual, it was all fake.

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  9. herefishyfishyfishy

herefishyfishyfishy

Indeed. I forgot about that one.

10. knu2xs

knu2xs Canoeist Premium Member

All this trailer park talk reminded me of something a close friend said to me back in the 70's. My wife & I lived in a very small trailer park for a few years when we first got married.

One day this friend was over and said, "This is like living in an urban concentration camp."

11. TK81

TK81

What is a "ball"? Eight ball? Blow? Meth? If you are telling me that you wouldn't fish anywhere a coke transaction or meth use has transpired, you are seriously limiting your fishing opportunities. Sag river and bay, Detroit river, Muskegon, Tippy, the list is infinite. Be aware of your surroundings and use good judgment. I do have a few remote locations where I won't leave my vehicle in the UP and northern lower because of riff raff that will steal you blind.

12. hypox

hypox

They found the guys.
    32840-optimized_5913388c59d32.png

FugOwEe, kingfisher 11, TK81 and 6 others like this.
  13. Whitetail_hunter

Whitetail_hunter

:lol: yea blow and I hear ya there, I'm not scared of areas like that. I wouldn't fish the river over at Bray and carpenter at night though. I lived at N Cornell and summit in Beecher for almost 2 years, after that I learned certain areas should be avoided especially at certain times of the day.

kingfisher 11 and TK81 like this.
  14. TriggerDiscipline

TriggerDiscipline

If I found an eight ball of blow in the parking lot, I would be fishing there all the time.

mkarpov, leadbelly, TK81 and 3 others like this.
  15. Whitetail_hunter

Whitetail_hunter

I doubt it's a regular occurrence :lol:

Stumpy Fish likes this.