River jigging

Discussion in 'Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries' started by shoprat51, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer Premium Member

For over 20 years we have started mid September and usually had one or two skunks before catching gators. It seemed that when the sheepshead started to diminish the walleye took over like gang busters. October was almost always a hot month. Not sure what is going on this year but I also have got the two skunks but it was October and we very seldom had a skunk during that month.

2. Adamwesley

Adamwesley

I actually don’t have anyone going with me for once so I’ve got a seat for you! You still have that cooler stocked with minnows? If so, bring some and that’ll be our backup plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

3. 3BMF’s

3BMF’s

Thanks Guys for all the river reports and keeping us up to date, Definitely a big help.
    It’s been a fun fall with the Perchin and I’m ready for a change
    I think I’m with a lot of guys I can’t take it much longer I’ll be trying my jigging luck this weekend somewhere. If anything I know I can Jig up a good time on the water

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
    Go Lions!!!! likes this.
  4. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

No, but they sell minnows! :lol: I might get out to the east Wednesday, I know where you can dip all you want of minnows, I'll have it covered. Just need time and place as it get closer. Can even throw in some stickbaits if you want me too. ;)

5. hhlhoward

hhlhoward Premium Member

I've been fishing religiously for almost 2 months and have only 2 shorts to show for it.

6. Adamwesley

Adamwesley

I’ve got the ddhj 12’s and 14’s, flicker minnow 11’s and 9’s and bandits ready to rock. Might just squeeze it all in the boat (jigging, trolling and perching stuff).

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Ralph Smith likes this.
  7. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

I'll just bring a perch pole and jigging pole then. :)

Adamwesley likes this.
  8. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

I'm seeing WNW 10-20 mph with 46 and sunshine. Doesn't sound too bad for December. Give a little "walleye chop" and challenge to boat control skills;)

Deer Slayer and Bay BornNRaised like this.
  9. rocketman

rocketman Premium Member

from what ive seen last weekend in the bay you have a week or two before the river has females

10. TheCrawdad

TheCrawdad Premium Member

Does anybody think the dams blowing out has something to do with the apparent change in walleyes in the river? I would think if the flow in the Saginaw river is close to the same that the eyes wouldn't care if there was a dam there or not. Just wondering.

11. Go Lions!!!!

Go Lions!!!!

Hopefully the nice boating conditions hang on till they get here. In the meantime, can I please have 16 13.5" males for my buddy and me on Wed??? I'm not asking for much!!! Well, maybe throw in one fat 20" just to get us excited at the net!!!

Ralph Smith likes this.
  12. rocketman

rocketman Premium Member

I hope so.

13. wpmisport

wpmisport

I wouldn't think so the Tib is fairly big were Sanford lake use to be so a good amount of water is moving on down now. Higher temperatures this fall may have more to do with it, cold nights all this week should help.

3BMF’s likes this.
  14. jafurnier

jafurnier

If you look at the Tibb flow...it is now flat as a pancake since the dams broke...and the flow is at low summer levels. Isn't budging. That being said I do not think this has anything to do with the river being behind. The bay was too, right? I worry the Tibb lost the 2020 walleye spawn. I hope the spawning gravel is in ok shape for next spring. I worry the low water flows mean no purges of sand from the spawning runs.

386xf likes this.
  15. Gone_Hunting

Gone_Hunting

They're not too far from the mouth ;)