River jigging

Discussion in 'Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries' started by shoprat51, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Nickolai M Miotto

Nickolai M Miotto

Water temps are still low 40s. The outer bay is in the upper 40s.. the fish are not going to leave the main lake basin when there is food and warmer water there. Wait till we get a cold snap and a good 3 day northeast wind. That will push the warmer water in and the fish will follow!

Sent from my SM-N981U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

2. JeffroSoup

JeffroSoup

This was last year on November 17th. All caught near zilwaukee in one small stretch. They are definitely running late. Notice the snow on the ground though.

Attached Files:

Horseshoe likes this.

3. thumb fisherman

thumb fisherman

Last November was much colder then this with many night lows in the teens and lots of north wind.. they're well on the way but with all the bait in the bay and mild weather I wouldn't expect too much in the river for a bit yet. If we get a big rain or a good north wind things may change

4. Trebblehook

Trebblehook

IMG_2099.JPG
    Looks the same to me . Last October near record rains . And yes some other factors.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

5. Trebblehook

Trebblehook

IMG_2100.JPG
    Last year

towner likes this.
  6. towner

towner

Thank fot the post Trebble That about says it all.....Sad. My freezer is getting emptY!!!

7. "Big Tuna"

"Big Tuna"

I've never seen a thread that had so many posts about NOT catching fish. ;)

Come on Mother Nature , release the animals!
    :nana-party::nana-party::spin-nana:

8. leafybug

leafybug

I think the major problem can be traced to 1- covid because everything else is covid related, and 2- I bought a new jigging boat expecting to be able to get out and catch some fish.

Damn y'all, my bad...

rigmic75, PerchPatrol and Adamwesley like this.
  9. shoprat51

shoprat51

Fisherman's digest was saying not to expect walleye in the river till next month due to warmer temps this year.guess I'm perch fishing this fall

Sent from my LM-X210VPP using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

10. Adamwesley

Adamwesley

Going to hit it tonight after dark and then Wednesday in the boat (weather looks like crap but it’s the only day I have this week). I’ve got high hopes but I’m sure the walleye will crush my hopes and dreams yet again. Haha.

11. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

Perfect! I should be done with the red meat by then! :lol:

12. Layvon

Layvon

Looks like nice fish staging in the bay still based on the photos I've been seeing sent to me asking why I didn't come

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Ralph Smith and Josh R like this.
  13. Deer Slayer

Deer Slayer Premium Member

My "guess" would be that perhaps the Tibb is dirtier than it normally would be due to the excess silt. Every other year when at the convergence you could actually see clear water from the Tibb and hitting a mud line at the Shiawassee. We usually tried to stay to the west side of the river (Sag) for a short ways and then it dispersed throughout the river but not as muddy looking. I have never had the fish be this late since I started fishing the river in 1999. That is the only thing I can think is really different.

Disclaimer: This is not a scientific conclusion just a "great guess" by me.:lol::lol::hide:

14. larry1733

larry1733

fished the crossover to the bridge yesterday and picked up 3, dozen throw backs, water was 42 degrees, several big sheep, was just fun finally getting the boat out

Ralph Smith and Go Lions!!!! like this.
  15. Bay BornNRaised

Bay BornNRaised Banned

Many things different this year than the Titt so called being dirtier. Dirty water is not preventing/slowing them from coming in the dirty saginasty river.. JMO

Adamwesley likes this.