River 4/27

Discussion in 'Saginaw Bay and its Tributaries' started by bapotter, Apr 27, 2020.

1. bapotter

bapotter

Fished solo this morning. Caught 5 in 30 min above Center Street. Ran aways down from the pack looking for my last three but only caught drum and white bass. Landed a MA drum and some whities that were close to MA. Went back closer to the launch and finished with my last three. Great day and glad to be back in the boat. Orange jig with Emerald Shiner Power Bait minnow and green mooneye jig with Keitech blue silver swim bait caught most of the fish. Not sure it mattered much though.

Good luck.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

2. bapotter

bapotter

3. KingPin

KingPin

Are you talking center st on the tib?

4. bapotter

bapotter

5. june bugger

june bugger

I knew somebody was going to go there, nice job on the fish

bapotter likes this.
  6. Sparky1

Sparky1

Very good. Any reports from Zilwaukee??

7. KingPin

KingPin

Great job on the fish. Fished by the convergence this morning and it was slow. Caught 5. Went up the Tibb and only got two more. Great day to be out just the same

"Big Tuna", phantom cls and bapotter like this.
  8. KingPin

KingPin

2 of us fishing:)

9. Matt3ddsteel

Matt3ddsteel

Caught 4 off the bank on the tibb this afternoon. Fished from 12 to 2:45. All fish came from 12:30 to 1.

phantom cls likes this.
  10. walleye50

walleye50

We pulled our IMG_20200427_152744961_HDR.jpg limit this morning all caught on the Saginaw,waaaay to many sheepshead maybe 40? Fins blue ice firetiger color of choice.

11. Ballyhoo

Ballyhoo

12. "Big Tuna"

"Big Tuna"

Pickle and z bridge area were dead. Upstream was epic. IMAG3420.jpg

13. brigeton

brigeton

I went yesterday, launched at Lee street. The parking lot was full at 8am. The automatic gate was broke so free launch. The Wickes park area was packed with boats. I fished there a while and caught a few but thought it was a little slow so started downriver looking for a hot spot. I ended up running all the way to Bay City trying different spots along the way. The whole river down from Lee street to Bay City had very few boats. I never did find that hot spot. A lot of spots were filled with sheep and white bass. It was a nice day for a boat ride though.

Deer Slayer likes this.
  14. jaypluggin

jaypluggin

Hit that same area yesterday; convergence to the center St bridge from noon-5. Landed 7 walleye and a ton of sheepshead. The best catch though was from my buddy at the back of the boat at least 6’ a away. He only landed one eye but was a sheep machine back there. I had my back to him and hear this groan and a distinctive “WHAT THE F&$K!” . I turn around and he’s got this on his line. E3DABD04-E76B-42E9-AB8D-21D969A99FB7.jpeg Almost laughed myself out of the boat. Good to get back out, wasn’t that hard to keep separated, two nets, we both had our own gear, only thing I missed is the hand shake and bro hug at the end of the day.