Rifle sent back for warranty repair, Now what?

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Oak, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Oak

Oak Premium Member

I called Winchester today, the rep. said: once we receive the firearm, we assign it to a gunsmith, repair and ship back takes about 6-8 weeks. looks like COVID restrictions are everywhere, what a mess

That's insane , I am going back to Cabelas tomorrow,

2. Tilden Hunter

Tilden Hunter

I've lost track of what is the first priority here, getting you back into the field or getting satisfaction from Cagela's and/or Winchester. Not trolling here, but which are you asking advice about?

Liver and Onions likes this.

3. Oak

Oak Premium Member

My main goal here is not to miss the season, additionally, if anyone has similar experience and would like to share how he solved it , then it is an additional plus. as you see it all leads to one outcome, Not to miss the season after all what I have done.

4. Liver and Onions

Liver and Onions

Remind me, will you be hunting the rifle zone only or both zones ?

L & O

5. Ken

Ken

Don't even bother with the gun counter guys unless your salesman remembers you. Ask to speak to a department manager and the store manager. Any higher than that and you will be dealing with Ass Pro shops headquarters. That could be a grand waste of time. The store has no obligation other than customer satisfaction. But not many stores prioritize that any more.

6. 7mmsendero

7mmsendero

I would get a second gun. If you don’t have a modern muzzleloader, then I would look in that direction. Still good in the southern zone, lengthens your hunting season with a firearm.

jacksonmideerhunter and eye-sore like this.
  7. dewy6068

dewy6068

Sorry to hear about your rifle. It is very disappointing to spend that kind of money on something that doesn’t work properly. I just went through the same crap on a trail camera.

You can never have too many guns. If it were me, I’d be buying another gun ASAP to ensure you don’t miss the season. If funds are an issue, I’d be looking to borrow a gun. Don’t bank on them turning it around in time unless you talk to Winchester and they commit to sending you a new rifle.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

Oak likes this.
  8. Ken

Ken

Any legal rifle can be used in muzzleloader season. That won't change any time soon

9. Oak

Oak Premium Member

I went again today and nothing changed, what a waste of time. I'll take your advice and buy a second one.

10. 7mmsendero

7mmsendero

What if he gets an opportunity to go on a muzzleloader hunt outside of Zone 3?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020