Rifle sent back for warranty repair, Now what?

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Oak, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Oak

Oak Premium Member

I picked up new Winchester XPR 350 Legend and took it to the range for check, it jams with feeding randomly and frequently, also target shots are all over the place, I can't sight it .... tried three different premium ammo types and it did the same. So I took it back to Cabela's, and they shipped it back to winchester for repair/check .

Now, I am stuck, I am not sure how long the process will take or what can I do to speed it up?

Any advice appreciated,
    what do you think I should do so as not to miss the season, I already got everything planned for, and promised my boys to take them out hunting in November.

Thank you all in advance

2. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

Get ahold of the Winchester warranty rep, he should be able to arrange a loner rifle. Sales may be too brisk for that to happen, you have nothing to lose.

3. CDN1

CDN1

Back up gun. Everyone should have 1 or 2. Beg, borrow? Shotgun with slugs??

4. Trunkslammer

Trunkslammer

One of your buddies surely has a backup that he would gladly let you borrow (assuming you leave things better than you found them).

5. Ken

Ken

Cabelas should have exchanged it and dealt with the warranty themselves.

6. Oak

Oak Premium Member

I tried hard but they don't have replacement in stock, and return will not give me back my full amount, so i was left with warranty option. Not sure how long this will take

7. Big Frank 25

Big Frank 25 Premium Member

I take it you plan on hunting the southern straight wall zone.

8. I would be calling Winchester myself. Explaining the situation and demanding them send me a brand new gun. I surely wouldn’t want that one back. On top of that why would cabelas take money off on a gun you bought new and is malfunctioning? That in itself seems ridiculous. I think I would be calling there corporate headquarters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. jatc

jatc

Buy another one and sell the first one when you get it back. You might be out $100 or so when all is said and done, but it’ll save your deer season this year.

10. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

I dont think any gunshop would give you a new gun. You will have to deal with manufacturers for warranty issues anywhere you buy.

11. DirtySteve

DirtySteve

The gun was sold and registered to the purchaser. It cannot be sold again as new. A return would be a trade in as a used gun. Cabelas could get it fixed and sell it as used. That is their only option. I am sure their policy is you have to deal with manufacturers for warranty.

12. So on a brand new gun malfunctioning out of the box becomes the buyers problem? Something about that doesn't seem right. The store should replace the gun and send that one back to the manufacturer. It definitely shouldn't be the buyers problem. The company selling the products should stand behind what they are selling and take it up with the manufacturer. Just doesn't seem right that its the buyers problem. Cabelas shouldn't have to get it fixed and sell it as used. They should be able to send a brand new malfunctioning gun back to the manufacturer and get a brand new replacement to sell as new. The malfunctioning gun is the manufacturers baby but the consumer shouldn't be stuck in the middle with no gun. Ill say it again... That's completely ridiculous.

13. pgpn123

pgpn123

Buy a used gun, then you'll have a backup for next year. Or for a son when he's big enough.

bowhunter1, Osceola and jr28schalm like this.
  14. trucker3573

trucker3573

Just about guaranteed no warranty work will be done by the 15th. Pretty straight forward either buy, borrow or sit the season out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. CDN1

CDN1

Why doesn't it seem right? The entire world works this way and has for quite some time. Buy a truck or car same deal.( except you may get a loaner) why would a gun issue be any different? I think us consumers need to start holding manufactures responsible for the **** they produce these days there should be an instant refund or option for a replacement provided by the manufacturer for a POS if they produce it, box it and ship it. Why should Cabelas have to provide customer service for a fault of a useless manufacturer?

The culture of the manufacturer not having to be held to account needs to stop. Bought any kitchen appliances lately? Or an extended warranty?. it's total ********. If they produced a decent quality item WTF would you need extended warranty. I've had 3 new fridges in the last 7 years all had extended warranties and I still end up paying for a new warranty every time I have to get a new fridge because the warranties are attached to the previous fridge that has to be replaced because the warranty service either can't fix them or deems the repair as to expensive and pays a prorated buy out which ends up being only about 1/2 of the original value of the fridge I bought. Then I go to get a new fridge and of course the price has gone up of from when I bought 2 years ago so I pay the difference plus the new warranty because sure as **** this fridge will break down inside the warranty period. It a racket and total BS .... sorry for the rant but I hope you all can see my point?

Just Suggestion buy your guns well before the season, shoot em in July and be sure you have no issues. Inevitably **** happens hence having a back up. It is in your own best interest.