1. throughtheice88

throughtheice88

For you're scenario, don't rule out what is perceived as a throw away from the big box. Or go to a dealer, you can get the same thing. I mowed with a toro zero turn for 7 years, standard model with a stamped deck. Friend of mine bought it 2 years ago from me and still going strong. Don't let anyone tell you if they don't have a fab deck and commercial grade that they are just going to fall apart on you in a hurry. Not true. Cleaned, cared for and properly stored they will last a very long time. My advice? Get the toro zero turn with 42" deck. I have a friend who mows a half an acre as well and that has been perfect for him. The kawasaki engines are fantastic. Get it from a dealer if you don't want to deal with big box store. Very reasonably priced as well. Can say enough though to go with the zero turn as opposed to riding tractor, you won't regret it.

2. hawgeye

hawgeye

brushbuster and SteelSearchin like this.

3. Troy built pony 15hp craigslist brand new $700.00 out the door. 4.5yrs old no issues at all. use it to cut grass at cabin, 1/4ml easement access trail, and 2 acres of foodplots. added trailer hitch and gorilla cart. Wife even uses it to cut the neighbors cabin grass when they cannot make it up. good luck
    garden tractor and dump cart.jpg

4. 22 Chuck

22 Chuck

I used to get emails from an outfit around Chicago and they were about $500 bucks less than big box.

Might also consider something that will suck up leaves depending on the 0.46 A..