Ridiculous spending

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by MichMatt, Dec 2, 2018.

1. MichMatt

MichMatt

Disgusting the money spent on this initiative. Think of the families (read human) that could have been fed. Over $600k.

Stupid people with way too much money that are clueless. Glad I don’t live there.

City council should be ashamed along with the DNR who issued approval for the “experimental” program. Calculate the numbers and it’s almost $8k per deer. And to think many think processing fees >$120 is too much.

OK my is rant over. Enjoy and discuss.

https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2018/11/ann_arbors_deer_sterilization.html

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

vsmorgantown, Lumberman and booh1 like this.
  2. Tilden Hunter

Tilden Hunter

I agree that sterilizing deer is silly and wasteful, but look at the big picture. The DNR is responsible for managing all the deer and for everyone. They are also culling in Ann Arbor, which is good. The DNR is ultimately a political organization. Some think it is possible and proper for them not to be, but this just isn't so. As such they are and should be sensitive to local sentiments when they can, such as using non-lethal control. The city was willing to put its wallet where its mouth was, so that take some of the sting out of it.

3. Jimbos

Jimbos Banned

It's Ann Arbor what can you say, after working there for many a year nothing surprises me in anything they do, it's a town chock full with crazy Libs.

4. DEDGOOSE

DEDGOOSE

Lol I went there for um game, stayed Fri sat planned staying longer. I couldn't wait to get out rudest, snobbish people that cannot drive. Went to Applebees, in a hoodie felt out of place, these folks looked like going to a wedding, opposite big rapids.

5. Jimbos

Jimbos Banned

LOL my son went to Ferris State, Ann Arbor and Big Rapids are about as far apart on the spectrum as is possible.

I just hated working in that town.

6. DEDGOOSE

DEDGOOSE

I went to ferris way to long lol. It was hilarious, you would see a jacked truck with a rebel flag, next is a low rider with black kids bumping tunes, then you'd have walking in a nine oclock walking in class in camo from turkey hunting having to sit next to a snob kid in the pharmacy program

Melting pot for sure

7. Lumberman

Lumberman Premium Member

The best part about this whole thing is our crack pot DNR approves the whole thing.

This is one of their biggest fails. You want the deer population down. The only answer should be:

We have a very effective and inexpensive option. “Hunters”

8. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

No reason to not give sterilization a try. I agree it's not a wise use on money. But it's a challenge for the veterinary teams and quite a bit was no doubt learned.

There is a very strong active anti hunting presence in A2 and they have the right to be heard as much as we hunters. Sadly, they disrupted the sharpshooters and they will no doubt apply enough pressure to make this option more trouble then it's worth.

9. Ranger Ray

Ranger Ray Smells like, Victory! Premium Member

Hell, I remember when Scio Farms, was a farm.

10. joe c.

joe c.

A2 is full of nuts thats for sure. That's not gonna stop me from enjoying the place it's one of my favorite city's. Hell just look at how hunters bicker with each other on this site and were all supposed to have the same interests. I live only 20min away and have had some run-ins but i laugh them off,they want to argue,laughing at them really gets under there skin. plus some killer smallmouth fishing on the huron river.

11. Lightfoot

Lightfoot

They tried that on Angel Island in the early 80's, it didn't work. They wouldn't allow hunting of any sort so the next bright idea was to capture and relocate. When the tree huggers couldn't catch any deer the state finally stepped in and used helicopters and capture nets/pens. All relocated deer died due to predators, competition, vehicle collisions etc etc.

TriggerDiscipline likes this.
  12. MichMatt

MichMatt

If an arbor wants to spend THEIR money , fine. But we have enough waste and bad spending by the state. Something needs to give.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

jiggin is livin and MichMac like this.
  13. Nostromo

Nostromo Premium Member

Bad spending? Is there such a thing? lol

But I agree, if A2 really wants to spend tax dollars on a study to see if removing the ovaries of female deer prevents them from bearing fawns.

More power to them.

14. monkman

monkman

What a waste of taxpayers money. Should've just shot those "extra" deer and donated it to food pantries.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

15. sureshot006

sureshot006 Staff Member Mod

Do they tag the sterilized deer so the sharpshooters dont whack them?

JimP likes this.