returnable containers

Discussion in 'Sound Off' started by UPBeerguy, Sep 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fisherman 2

fisherman 2

walmart has a 25 dollar limit per person

2. Tracker83

Tracker83 Premium Member

I'll forgive you for not keeping up on the 181 executive orders Gretchin has written this year. But most retail stores are prevented from accepting deposit returns via executive order.

3. DecoySlayer

DecoySlayer Banned

All the big retailers around here are taking returns. Some are limited the number per person.

4. HUBBHUNTER

HUBBHUNTER

On a recent trip to walmart I observed a line of people with carts full of cans, 8-10 people deep standing outside waiting to get into the can room. Social distancing prevented them from being in the can room. I think they only have every other machine open and there might be 5-6 machines total.

Then I walk into the store and observe multiple lines right next to each other, 8-10 people deep blocking the main walkway waiting to cash out because there only have a few registers open and a store full of people. No social distancing anywhere.

Returning cans = catch covid
    Drain your EBT card on garbage = Essential

5. HUBBHUNTER

HUBBHUNTER

I'm not sure if I am just more aware of the can situation with bags in my barn waiting to be returned but it sure seems like there are a lot more empty cans in the ditches since people aren't or can't take them back.

jiggin is livin and Scout 2 like this.
  6. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

I'll forgive you and all the other aggrieved folks in Paradise buried in empty beer cans who can't find the ability to drive less than 60 miles to The Soo to turn those in at the Meijer store there.

I'm looking forward to seeing the link to a Go Fund Me page where I can help out.

7. Shoeman

Shoeman Mods

I guess the OP's objective was met!

Someone willing to put a political spin on this so we can close it as well?

Far Beyond Driven and Petronius like this.
  8. pgpn123

pgpn123

Meijer machine wouldn't take a brand I bought a lot of there, so I took em to the service desk. They paid in cash.

9. david boyko

david boyko

All stores should have to take all cans period.

perchyanker, Dom and jiggin is livin like this.
  10. UPBeerguy

UPBeerguy

Why should I have to drive 60 miles to return can/bottles I bought in paradise.? Then I drive 60 miles and because meijers/walmart doesn't carry that particular style of beer they don't accept that can! They are accepting cans/bottles of other styles of beer in the brands portfolio. I am of no means aggrieved. I want to return my empties!

Dom, vsmorgantown, Team Camo and 2 others like this.
  11. Scout 2

Scout 2 Premium Member

I have been donating mine this summer. No way in hell am I going to stand in line at the 2 places that take them back and when you get there the machines are shut down

12. Lund Explorer

Lund Explorer

It is hard to believe that anyone who chooses to live on a dead end road to a tourist trap, never considered the possible need to take an occasional trip on that same road back to a larger and more civilized community with more to offer.

First World Problems.

Forest Meister and Shoeman like this.
  13. Dish7

Dish7

That was you cutting me off. I mean geez, I knew I had put on a few pounds but I've been out picking up cans along the roadside for exercise.

14. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

Tough luck. You need to learn how to waddle faster!

You must need a grabber to bend over to be able to pick up the cans out of the ditch. with that belly you sure can not bend over that far.

15. UPBeerguy

UPBeerguy

You really are missing the point. I am talking about cans/bottles I purchase at the two local store, ie supporting my community, and they won't take them back. And really it a shame you think its succ a crappy community.

jiggin is livin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.