close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

responsible dog owner

Discussion in 'Waterfowl hunting dogs' started by fsamie1, Mar 26, 2018.

1. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

Another poop problem. I need to vent. beside damn geese and ducks that my neighbor is feeding, his fat old lab always does his business on my yard. either from front door or back door, when he lets him out without a leash, the dog comes right to my yard and does it. I told him nicely 3 times and he said he picks it up. he does but not regularly. Yesterday there was 5 pilings and he was not around. I had to pickup poop last year every time I cut the lawn. So, what is it with you dog owners? I understand he is your best buddy, I understand you love him. but we do not like his poop on our yard. you can teach you dog to retrieve a cripple but cannot teach him to poop on your own lawn. city police said to call them and they give him a ticket for leash law and pooping. I just do not want that sh*t come between me and my neighbor:), he is a nice guy. Now about all the dog poop at Harsens parking lots, oh forget it. feel better.

2. Bigeejakes

Bigeejakes

Airsoft gun

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

FREEPOP and 101thwacK like this.

3. 101thwacK

101thwacK

This has solved the problem in a number of cases I know about

4. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

When you scoop throw it against his house.

5. sullyxlh

sullyxlh

Put it all in a bucket of water and mix it up then throw it on the side of his house preferably around the door/porch area.....

fsamie1 likes this.
  6. fsamie1

fsamie1 Premium Member

How is it done? shoot the dog with this non-lethal air gun while neighbor is not watching? problem is that this is second home and when I go there I see all the crap.

7. 101thwacK

101thwacK

Will only hurt like a hard pinch to them. Most smart dogs get shot once maybe twice and wont return to that area and if not seen wont associate the short sting with anyone person or thing other than their location. But if it is your second home I see how that poses a problem

8. Sofa King what?

Sofa King what?

I wouldn't shoot the dog with an airsoft...it's not the dog's fault.

9. brewster

brewster

Your neighbor is the one having it come between you, he's letting his dog sh*t in your yard. Maybe he's not such a nice guy, mention that to him.

Larry Kirwan likes this.
  10. Jeffish74

Jeffish74

My lab won't go where he has already gone unless it gets cleaned up. My guess is that all the pooping real estate is taken up in his yard. I suggested the mono for the geese now a second higher row for the dog. Also find out how much the fine is for the leash and pooping ticket and let him know.

11. Lamarsh

Lamarsh

I would approach the neighbor again, be nice about it, but suggest the police told them to let them know next time there is a problem, and let him know that you really don't want it to come to that but that his behavior might leave you with no choice.

I've found with neighbors that you really do have to walk a think line in terms of diplomacy. You never know how sensitive people can be, and you have to keep in mind that you are stuck next to him.

Doesn't seem like too hard of a problem to fix. He should be out there ready to scold his dog when it goes on your property, no different than house breaking a dog. Dogs are smart, they just need to be a trained.

brewster likes this.
  12. FREEPOP

FREEPOP

If you fling it against his house, what's he gonna do? call the cops? :evilsmile

13. Duckhunter66

Duckhunter66

Grab a newspaper and go do your business on his lawn...

14. Sampsons_owner

Sampsons_owner

My uncle had this problem in Florida so being an old hockey player he just used his hockey stick and flipped it up on their roof and all around the front door. The guys wife gave her husband so much grief after stepping in it the guy started walking the dog elsewhere. Steve

15. Spartan88

Spartan88

Some duck dog owners invest time in hunt tests, others in covert pooping missions... :D

retired dundo and FREEPOP like this.