close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

refreezing fish?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by jimbo, Jun 5, 2017.

1. WallyWorld

WallyWorld

I see an excuse to go fish for gills the two days before the fry. Hopefully you get on em and can get 2 limits, thaw a few of your frozen bags and cook them first. Then start into your fresh fish and freeze whats left over

sureshot006 likes this.
  2. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin

And no body ever complained about that!

3. jimbobway

jimbobway

When your ice fishing and the fish freezes you thaw , then filet and freeze . Just keep thawed fish on ice , what's left over just cook later .

4. hawgeye

hawgeye

Cook it up! They will eat it. I made walleye for my wedding rehearsal dinner. 50 people and I cooked a 100 fish, not a stitch left over! Just a lot of people holding there guts! Lol

5. jimbo

jimbo

If anybody still cares, it was a successful birthday party. 90,60,,50,20, &34.
    Along with the fish, they had pork n chicken.
    If my count was right, there was a total around 170 fish. There was about 25 left that we didn't cook & I was allow to take them home . They are going to my daughters in laws for a fish fry today.

6. alex-v

alex-v

No doubt that quart bags, even several of them at a time will thaw quicker than one large gallon bag. The large bags of fillets I was talking about were packaged that way in preparation for mega fish fries.