close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Refilling one pound propane tanks - How to video

Discussion in 'IceFishingMichigan.com' started by ih772, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Paperboy 1

Paperboy 1

Sometimes math makes sense. A $5 bill for spending $20 in fuel. Gotcha....

The online did say it is shipped from the manufacturer to the store. Why? The store already had some. Duh!

I'll be filling a bunch myself in a bit. Love saving $$ so I can spend it on other outdoor toys.:sly:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

2. Paperboy 1

Paperboy 1

Just got done filling a bunch. There are no open flames in our home, so don't rag on me about where I filled them. I use the 6x6's to allow me easy access to the valve in the 20# tank. The small tanks set outside overnight. Most tanks took 1 1/2 minutes to reach the full 1# mark on the scale today. I'm ready for my excursion. Love it!

Attached Files:

3. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

Nice idea Paul. I was going to hang the big tank from one of my deer hoists:lol: have yet to get the maccoupler. Been using the 20lber this winter lately, but the big heater just broke, so back to the buddy and small tanks. Was due for a new heater anyway, tomarrow I'm going shopping. I need my heat. Can't drink cold beer in a cold shanty:lol:

4. Paperboy 1

Paperboy 1

I hate when you get in one good gulp of beer and it freezes RIGHT now!

5. Burksee

Burksee Premium Member

I was going to suggest you do fill them in the house that way if something unforseen did happen you'd also solve that little problem your having with your windows! :yikes: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW - If you have one of those Black & Decker Workmates they work great as a stand for filling too!

6. Paperboy 1

Paperboy 1

DUDE! Oh my gosh Greg! We had to open the windows and the door wall!! I filled a tank. I shut it off. NOPE! I CRANKED HER WIDE OPEN! I unscrewed the tank instead of closing. Being inverted (upsiden down!) I opened her up wide. I'm here to tell about my stupidity! Never again will I do that. Never. Froze my sweatshirt sleeve right now. Hung it outside. The smell that tells you its propane was bad. Very lucky. No beers involved. Outside filling from now on.:D:D

7. Chrome steel

Chrome steel

Paul what are you doing man?? Glad your here to tell the story. That must have scared the heck out of you. I could only imagine the pressure coming out of that thing. LOL..yeah good choice on moving it out of the house. I bet the house stunk for a while too.

8. cornmeal

cornmeal

harbor freight has the tank adaptor to refill propane tanks 10-12 bucks:fish:

9. Ralph Smith

Ralph Smith Premium Member

That right there is why you had a problem:lol: Did you have to change your shorts before coming back inside also.:yikes: Glad everything worked out ok Paul. Be careful up there!

10. Paperboy 1

Paperboy 1

Never a dull moment around here. You should have seen Janet's expression Ralph when this thing is shooting propane into the air. One of those things ya maybe shouldn't have told anyone ya did? :what:
    Figure the pic again with a fog of gas shooting out the opening.

Attached Files:

11. zeeke33

zeeke33

Careful!

Not a bad idea to wear gloves while doing this. The liquid propane can leave a "burn" if it gets on your skin. Not that anyone here would let that happen. Yah!!:yikes:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
  12. jancoe

jancoe

Thick rubber gloves are the best.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

13. Paperboy 1

Paperboy 1

Bump

14. bassgetty

bassgetty

I started filling 1lb tanks this year and had now problems untill recently. Get in the ice and hve to put a diffent tank on and heater will not relight. any sugestions?

15. Chrome steel

Chrome steel

Are you leaving your tanks out in the cold over night? I have problems like that when the bottlels get frozen on the super cold days. I like to storage my bottles in the house or a warm garage to keep from freezing.

Sent from my C525c using Ohub Campfire mobile app