Reel Question?

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by sobar, Jan 27, 2018.

1. sobar

sobar

I have a Tournament Drifter T 017 I bought many years ago when I wanted to start getting into the pin gig. Well, it’s been sitting in the basement untouched since, as I haven’t had much time to do any fishing in a long time. My question is if this reel is worth anything? Should I sell it and put some cash back in the toys fund? Or should I just put it back in the corner and hope one day i’ll Get some time to use it? It’s mounted on a 12’9” Raven Matrix MXG. Thanks in advance to anyone that might want to share some insight.

2. wyandot

wyandot

Really nice used ones show up for sale around the $250 mark. There were quite a few of these made, so it probably won't grow a huge amount in value, but it probably won't depreciate much either since collectors are always looking for new pieces to add to their inventory. The current market is full of new offerings in that price range that will serve you well should you decide to give it a whirl sometime down the road.

3. sobar

sobar

DBF03737-E510-4680-9D9C-A0E21098285D.jpeg 3649553B-A4D0-4422-B9C3-E8EB50E035B9.jpeg
    I would believe this would be considered near mint?
    Thanks for the insight, I couldn’t find much when I googled it.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  4. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

That is a clean looking reel, as Wyandot said value is probably in the $250 range. Hang onto it and get it on a river for some fishing. ;)

D

5. Floater

Floater

I don't know a ton about these reels. I do know that Tournament Drifter had a license agreement with G. Loomis and a number of the Loomis branded Tournament Drifter reels were made and tend to sell for more than the non-Loomis branded reels. However, you seem to have an early version of the reel. Blue and black models are the rarest of the TDs. Looks like you have a dead mint blue version with a very low serial number. Not sure what that does to value but you may want to look into it. I'd try some of the Canadian centerpin sites.

6. sobar

sobar

Thanks for the info, i’ll Look into it for sure!!