close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

red squirrels and chipmunks

Discussion in 'MichiganSmallGame.com' started by wpmisport, Mar 1, 2018.

1. martini77

martini77

chippies are dumb, if you find the hole they are coming out of (mine is a particular spot under the deck), just set an unbaited rat trap outside the hole and they just walk across it and whack! I also use the bucket for mice in the garage. I use a bottle top with seeds in it and float that.

garyrodbender likes this.
  2. BigW

BigW

I read that if you can stalk squirrels successfully, you've got what it takes for deer hunting. So I did what my parents did for me. I gave my teenager a pocket full of. 22 shorts and a single shot. 22 with directions of make all red squirrels and chipmunks go away. I can't get him to take out the trash, but he'll spend 40 minutes sneaking up on a squirrel. 3 points for a head shot 1 point for body. He finished last season with 58 points.

3. feedinggrounds

feedinggrounds

I love your program!! I paid my grandson $1 a chipmunk, after a week I wanted to renegotiate and he was not having it. Little Dude had some victor rat traps under the firewood pallets along with the .22 shot shells. I may have paid for some chipmunks twice I think....

Perferator likes this.
  4. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

I used to have great success using live traps baited with sunflower seed around the birdfeeder but it is surprising how small a trap a skunk will fit into. I no linger use the live trap. FM

5. K. Trout

K. Trout

I never had an issue with chippies or red squirrels until I popped the hood on my new month old truck and found they had pulled some of the hood insulation out probably for nesting material and then it was all out war. I went out and bought a pellet gun and a half dozen rat traps. I harvested 17 that summer.

6. Perferator

Perferator

That awkward moment you peek at the live trap with childlike Christmas morning excitement only to see the dreaded black and white.