close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Recommmended Reading

Discussion in 'FlyTyingForums.com, Fly Tying, Trout Fishing' started by gunrod, Feb 28, 2007.

1. Bull Market

Bull Market

As long as you don't charge a subscription fee, it ought to get some traffic. But, there is so many free (and good) fly tying videos on You Tube, that a subscription (IMHO) would kill your site. Good luck.

2. jonatan

jonatan

Thats true, thanks for the insoght. Although what I am making is a "blue print" for someone who just doesnt know anythink about fly tying and is lost in the amount of patterns out there.

The point of the course is to get people from absolute zero to a intermediatte fly tyer in just couple hours. .. which I think is totally possible.

3. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

itchn2fish,

Thanks for bringing this back up. Your link has some wonderful books on it and got me to thinking about some of the ones I have.

Fly Fishing Guide to Michigan by Jim Bedford.
    An area by area descriptive of fishing the different rivers in Michigan.
    Very enjoyable and informative.

Great Lakes Steelhead by Bob Linsenman and Steve Nevala
    A Guided Tour for Fly Anglers
    The book gives you a ton of information from a lot of different guides and fly fishers.

Zipping My Fly by Rick Tosches
    One mans adventures in fly fishing, from his youth into his career in writing. Full of characters and fun times. Just a plain good enjoyable read.

The Old Man and The Boy by Robert Ruark
    A rollicking tale of a young man growing up, and the lessons he learned growing up on the south east coast line.
    Just a great read and should be read by every young person about to enter into life's struggles.

D

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  4. Boardman Brookies

Boardman Brookies

Bedfords book is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Ohub Campfire

5. jjc155

jjc155

Rivers of sand josh Greenberg

Top of the flood by tosh brown

Fly fishing inland oceans by Jerry darkes

Steelhead dreams and selectivity both by Matt supinski.

J-

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  6. MERGANZER

MERGANZER

7. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

Fly Fishing Inland Oceans By Jerry Darkes is a very informative book for any Great Lakes fisher. He fishes all the Great Lakes, and gives a wealth of information. We just had Jerry give a program at our Three Rivers Fly Fishers club meeting last week, and he was a very good speaker.

D

8. Infidel

Infidel

If it has not been mentioned:
    John Gierach All Fishermen are Liars

Great Read!

9. strmanglr

strmanglr

I'm surprised it took till the fourth page to see a mention of Flyfisher's Guide to Michigan by Bedford.

Got that book years ago and immediately put an old school paper sack book cover on it. Stained the cover, edges are worn, binding is broke. That thing has been my guide for almost a decade.

Essential Trout Flies by Dave Hughes

Gave me the basis for tying. Goes over half a dozen flies in various categories w big clear pics. From nymphs to streamers to various dries, it's got just about everything. Great for a beginner.