close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Recommendations on a good hunting stabilizer

Discussion in 'Archery' started by HORNSnHOOKS, Apr 10, 2018.

1. HORNSnHOOKS

HORNSnHOOKS

Putting together a new Hoyt set up. Just wanted some opinions on a solid stabilizer suitable for primarily hunting. Thanks

2. kneedeep

kneedeep

Check out the new CBE torx. Really liking my set!

HORNSnHOOKS likes this.

3. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Mods

HORNSnHOOKS likes this.
  4. HORNSnHOOKS

HORNSnHOOKS

Thanks a lot fellas it’s nice to get a few opinions.

5. d_rek

d_rek

Can't go wrong with a b-stinger.

Check out TAP stabilizers too.

HORNSnHOOKS likes this.
  6. michael marrs

michael marrs

I have had the ones like Joe put up, and they work fine. I may get some flack for this, but I really do not think you have to put a bunch of$$$$ in a stabby. ( jmo),. I also shoot target archery a little , I cannot understand why a " balance weight"' should bring so much money

HORNSnHOOKS and imjon like this.
  7. michael marrs

michael marrs

If I recall right the ones Joe had on were about $20 - $25 , and last for years, I have had a couple come into the shop and they tend to sort of melt, but this takes years to happen, and sometimes never. If you go to " archery talk" you should be able to off real cheap, or try a couple

HORNSnHOOKS likes this.
  8. HORNSnHOOKS

HORNSnHOOKS

9. 454casull

454casull

You have to decide if you want a stab or a damper. The S coil is a damper but since it does add mass it will alter the balance of the bow some but not it's main function. If you can find a place that will let you test drive, good luck with that, then you can see how the bow holds, could be better could be worse. Stabs really come into their own for shots over 30 yards IMO. Changing and or adding a stab can effect POI so just be aware. It's not an easy answer and a hunter has much to consider. I shoot a 12" acrylic model and it has not hampered me in the field. Small ground blinds being the exception. Then again my doghouse is too small regardless of stab length.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

HORNSnHOOKS likes this.
  10. mjh4

mjh4

I bought a pine ridge stabilizer and it seems to dampen the bow really well think it was $25.

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman

HORNSnHOOKS likes this.
  11. Brian Berg

Brian Berg Premium Member

What I can't understand, is why so many of them stink like Chinese rubber so bad I don't dare take them in the woods! I've bought both the Limbsaver and TruGlo well over a year ago, maybe even 2 years now and they both still stink. If anyone wants them, you can have them.

I wound up getting a new Bear and I'm using the Trophy Ridge stabilizer that came in the RTH package. That one doesn't smell so bad.

12. michael marrs

michael marrs

also, in an amount of time you will be handling your bow, and find something on your hands that looks like you stuck your hand in a crappy diaper, not sure if it is heat or what , but I have seen it a number of times on their stabbys, and dampeners, ( the ones that stick on you limbs