Recommend a deer processor in Huron or northern Sanilac county?

Discussion in 'Michigan Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by wruebs, Sep 17, 2020.

1. wruebs

wruebs

The processor I had patronized previously gave me someone else's very small deer back last year. I know this from the amount of meat and the size of the backstraps I got back. I called afterward, not looking for reparations, just inquiring about their inspection policy of the deer carcass. I was told the switch was impossible and that I must be mistaken. This token of insulting my intelligence angered me to the point that I don't want to patronize the business again. In this day and age of deer diseases my wife and I are very concerned about eating deer we don't know. Since the deer isn't from our property she won't eat nor cook the venison. I've eaten some of it but it just pisses me off that every time I go the freezer, I get reminded that someone else is enjoying my healthy clean killed beautiful mature 8 pt. buck! (Whining over...) I usually process my own deer but once again my work schedule is heavy, as well as warm weather concerns. So I'm hoping someone could give me a recommendation so I have a game plan should I get lucky early. Furthermore, I'm hearing some slaughterhouses will not be accepting deer this fall due the back orders of livestock processing. It would be a good idea for folks who patronize the slaughterhouses to check with them prior. Thanks for any replies.

2. Yamirider

Yamirider

We have been taking our deer to Janks Deer Processing for years. Very happy with their work. Great folks that run it. It's located between Cass City & Caro.

3. mofo

mofo

4. Guy63

Guy63

I do my own it doesn't take that long. I'm sure you can find a couple hours to cut if you can to hunt. Early season we quarter and cooler. Coleman extream 120 quart i believe it is.

5. Team Camo

Team Camo Premium Member

I've used these guys for a few years.
    Used to do my own all the time. Seems like the last couple years I would chalk it up to laziness...
    Screenshot_20200917-140246.png

6. Urriah

Urriah

Martin's Meat Processing just north of Sandusky.

Guy63 likes this.
  7. Roman1

Roman1

upload_2020-9-18_23-42-52.jpeg
    I will be try these guys for venison this year. I am very happy with the beef they processed for us.

Attached Files:

8. wruebs

wruebs

Maurer's is close to me but I was told that this slaughter house will not be accepting deer this fall. I haven't personally called them however....

Roman1 likes this.
  9. Guy63

Guy63

great prices here too