close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Quit smoking

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by wildcoy73, Oct 12, 2014.

1. monczunski

monczunski

I'll second the use of chantix!!! I smoked every day since I was 15 and am now 25. I took chantix for only 30 days and am proud to say I am almost 60 days without touching a cigarette.

2. flyting

flyting

I also used the chantix. Smoked for 25 years, going on 7 yrs Smoke free!! Good luck to all.

ESOX likes this.

3. Fabner1

Fabner1

A few years ago, my wife, a long term Diabetic, had to have ultrasounds done of her lower legs.
    The lady technician told us that the majority of her cases were "Smokers and Diabetics"!

4. nts93

nts93

I will become a sponsor of this site should I decide to advertise here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  5. DEDGOOSE

DEDGOOSE

My dad smoked for 57 years. Decided to quit. I kept seeing people on fb using Stevia in liquid form which is a natural sweetener used to curb cravings

I got him some. He is the ultimate critic, called him 8 hrs later to ask, "it's weird it works" he has now gone a month without and puts a few drops on his tongue when he craves.

Google Stevia and nicotine

6. Jimbos

Jimbos

8 weeks a year in Petoskey, 44 in Livonia
    It was my dislike for Granholm and taxes that caused me to quit it, must be 15 years now. No way was I going to pay those ridiculous cigarette taxes being proposed to help support the hands out crowd in this state so I woke up one morning and just did the cold turkey trick and never looked back.
    No more hacking in the morning and feeling terrible until that first smoke, I did put on weight but then took up bike riding and got in shape which I still do in lesser amounts now being almost 60.

7. Fishndude

Fishndude

Every single Marlboro Man died of lung cancer. I am close to 60 yrs old, and have friends who are developing cancer from years of smoking. I quit almost 30 years ago (cold turkey), and haven't had a puff of a cig since. But I did smoke for 21 years, and usually 1-2 packs/day. Smoking is NOT cool, or glamorous. Cigarettes do NOT taste good - at all. There is no safe smoking.

Vaping is a giant experiment with the American public, right now. Nobody has any idea what the long-term effects will be on people.

I now use a steroid inhaler, and albuterol inhaler (as needed) for asthma, which I never noticed when I was younger. The things you do in your youth often don't show signs of damage for a very long time - but they do damage you.

roger15055 and Jimbos like this.
  8. F. Thompson

F. Thompson

We stopped smoking the day my son was born. That was thirty-one years ago. Do we miss it , hell yes but the days we spend together out weights ever cig I ever lit. It's nice to still be around and enjoying our grandkids too !

Jimbos likes this.
  9. Albaman

Albaman

My wife has more than a few stevia plants which we use after she has dried it and finely ground it. She uses it when baking in lieu of sugar and I use it in my tea, it's great stuff. Neither of us have ever smoked, it was just something she came across while browsing the internet.

DEDGOOSE likes this.