Quit smoking

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by wildcoy73, Oct 12, 2014.

1. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

I will say it may be cheating but I went from two packs a day down to none.
    You ask how this can be done in just a few days?
    The trick is called the vapor. The key is to find a flavor you like in it.
    Yes first try I failed in the switch. Than after a few months I decided to give it a second try. I went down and sampled the flavors this time and found one I liked. Since that day I have not looked back and dont miss the old cigarette. In fact the smell is very offensive to me now.
    If your thinking of quiting try a vapor you will be surpised and happy with the results.

2. Waz_51

Waz_51

Thank you for this post... I'm smoking between one and two packs a day myself and have been considering trying out the vapor... Aside from the smell and being totally hazardous to my health, it costs a fortune! I swear that I spend more money on cigarettes between pay periods than anything else! That includes gas because I drive a company vehicle, so I don't pay for the fuel... Everybody that I talk to who has switched says that they've never even thought of going back... I'm hoping that this post will influence me enough to make the switch too!

petronius and jjmperchin like this.

3. wildcoy73

wildcoy73

Waz I have brought three other people to the vapor so far. They are all thankfull.
    A lot cheaper after the start up cost. Clothing smells fresh.
    Best thing I have done for myself in a long time.
    The first week you will go between both than you will start to only use the vapor.
    Make sure to get a spare battery. Trust me on this point.
    At any point it starts to have a burnt taste change out the wix or cartridge mattering on style you have.

4. jeffm80

jeffm80

monday will be 21 months smoke free for me, after 41 yrs of smokin 1-1/2 packs a day I dropped them the day I started vaping, I've dropped my nicotine level to zero in my juice, I've reqruited 13 others so far. what a great way to quit smoking and the cost save will blow your mind !!! what a great way to free up cash to spend on huntin and fishin gear !!!

jjmperchin likes this.
  5. john warren

john warren

im glad the vapor stuff is working out for you. i tried it a few years ago , and decided it didn't make sense for me . i was still addicted to something.
    i went with chantrix and it worked great for me. three years now no more addiction period.:fish:

6. jarome477

jarome477

7. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Ten years ago I went from two packs a day to none in 1 minute. I promised my kid I would quit. A man is worth no more than the value of his word. That was that.

8. UnknwnBanditRowdyTucoRojo

UnknwnBanditRowdyTucoRojo

Nice tat, on closer inspection...but weird when I first saw this post I thought that was your 'quit smoking' advice: looked like someone passed out after lighting up and the cig burned down while resting on your arm. PS-next step, drop the vape. Cheers! o_O

9. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

On 4/13/1993 I was on my way to hunt turkeys with my nephew. I was coughing real bad and new there as no sense in going to VA. if I was coughing that bad. Now way was a turkey coming in to a cough. Weh I was about a mile south of the Hart exit on US 31, near the rest area, I have to admit that I littered. I lit a cigarette then threw the almost new pack into the median. Going from way over 2o packs a day was not easy but I did it.

I take a few drags off of my gals friend cigs every once in a while but I have beat the habit. Would it be easy to fall of the wagon? Dang right it would.

You HAVE to want to quit before you will ever do it.

10. roger15055

roger15055

That is really awesome For you guys!! Way to GO!!! ESOX your a Bad Ass in my book!!! Nothing like a child no matter how old to say stop doing something because they love you!!! This postings about the vapor smokes I hear people talking about how the companies are making so much money from it! Who cares you guys just prolonged your life with your families and in the outdoors !! You guys Rock!! My hat is off to you guys....

11. Kennybks

Kennybks

I had smoked for 45 years and had never really quite except once quite a few years ago for almost a year. I'm now almost 7 months free and don't miss it at all.

This time my motivation had been watching my best fishing and hunting partner die from stage 4 throat cancer. He made it look so glamorous too.

We talked throughout his ordeal but he still had been smoking. I quit with him, but it was obviously too late for him.

It may be for me as well I don't know. But at least I made the move and I didn't swap out for another vice.

I walk by people and can smell whether they're smokers immediately. What a difference.

12. roger15055

roger15055

Kennybks- I am so sorry for your loss don't ever stop fighting what ever life throws at you! I lost my sister three years ago! She smoked from 18 on and it got her at 54 so sad. He's going to be with you in spirit forever! And he would not want you to stop living and hunting and fishing!! You will always feel his presence... Roger

Kennybks likes this.
  13. wyandot

wyandot

I'm always glad to hear others' success stories. I quit just over 14 months ago after 25 years, cold turkey unless you count cough drops, hard candies and tootsie-pops. If you're reading this, and still thinking about quitting, YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F. Thompson and ESOX like this.
  14. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

Wyandot.
    I was actually sleeping with a Halls in my cheek to try and kill the cough at night before I quit. I do not use many now days. They actually will help with heart burn.

15. Woodbutcher-1

Woodbutcher-1

Congrats to everyone who kicked that nasty a$$ habit,whichever method you used.
    I had two Hypnoses treatments one Acupuncture, Dr. prescribed patches 3 or 4
    company paid smoking Cessation regiments, cold turkey, you name it.
    Chantix did it for me. After 47 years of smoking, i now thank God every night for another
    smoke free day. I just passed 8 years being smoke free this past January.

ESOX and phantom cls like this.