Quit smoking/now e ciggin it

Discussion in 'Sound Off (MichiganForums.com)' started by eye-sore, May 13, 2018.

1. BMARKS

BMARKS

I have found that the addiction to opiates is much stronger. but it is less accessible. i think that is what makes cigarettes so hard. all you have to do is go down to the store and buy some.
    i smoked for over 10 years at least a pack a day. then i got hurt and was prescribed percocet for the duration of my recovery. so i took the pills as prescribed, usually about 4 a day for almost three months. and by the time they were gone my body had become dependent. the withdrawls were horrible. i mean horrible. cold sweats. sleeplessness. restless legs. anxiety. it was awful and i ended up having to go to the emergency room for what amounted to mental anguish from not being able to sleep. i had a friend who used to be a heroin addict, so i asked him what i should do, he recommended i get good and drunk for a few nights untill i dried out. so i did that and it worked for me. after that i decided well smoking cant be that bad, so i quite smoking and bought an e cig, it worked for me, i would buy juice loaded with as much nicotine as you could get and i would be sick after only a few puffs. after about 8 months of that and slowly lowering the nicotine i just ran out one day and never got more. have been smokeless and vapeless for three years now. it is a great feeling, as a smoker i felt trapped and slaved to something. i couldnt do certain things becuase i needed to smoke. i couldnt even be broke because i had to buy cigs. it is like a whole load being lifted off the shoulders.

jiggin is livin and eye-sore like this.
  2. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

Good for you,congrats.

BMARKS likes this.

3. jiggin is livin

jiggin is livin

I quit a few years ago, although I do still smoke when drinking. I blame my wife, I didn't smoke for over 4 months until we started dating. She smoked and when we would go out I would bum them from her. It doesn't bother me when I'm not drinking though, so I figure that's good enough.

Biggest issue now is, a pack a day is hard on the liver.

Sent from my E6810 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

junkman likes this.
  4. tgafish

tgafish Premium Member

All day long with big wads of it. I wasn't eating, drinking, or sleeping I had a cat turd in my lip. Was pretty common for me to go through 4 cans in a day out on the big lake fishing. I was pathetic

5. eye-sore

eye-sore

Glad you were able to conquer it