Quit smoking/now e ciggin it

Discussion in 'Sound Off (MichiganForums.com)' started by eye-sore, May 13, 2018.

1. eye-sore

eye-sore

Im afraid to go fishing or duck hunting lol.i was a chimney out there. No more cold hands tho i guess

2. emrducks

emrducks

I was just fishing this weekend and I kept wanting to go into my pocket to get a cigarette. It may seem strange to people who haven't smoked but it is a completely different lifestyle to get used to.

I'm thinking that I might be able to shoot at a few more ducks this year because it seems like every time I would start to light a smoke the ducks would be buzzing the decoys.

jiggin is livin likes this.

3. bobberbill

bobberbill

Nicotine is the witch from hell. The habit is her delivery. Vape is a temp solution. Glad you're on the road. It's a start, and ANY start is a good one. I did cold turkey 30 years ago, and never went back. A hit or 2 of weed now and then can help with the habit, and no nicotine. Each of us has to find what works.

ruger 454 likes this.
  4. eye-sore

eye-sore

My weed intake has definitely increased

ruger 454 and bobberbill like this.
  5. bobberbill

bobberbill

Biggest battle of your life is between you and YOU. It gets better everyday. bb

DanSS26 and eye-sore like this.
  6. Forest Meister

Forest Meister

Nope. It just means you are going to see fewer ducks. FM

Zkovach1175 and jiggin is livin like this.
  7. PrtyMolusk

PrtyMolusk Mods

Howdy-
    My personal opinion is you've jumped out of the frying pan into the fire....
    Preliminary studies seem to show harm from vaping, in many cases associated with the fruit-flavored offerings.
    I predict that in 10~20 years (or when significant studies are performed) there'll be similar issues between vaping and tobacco.

8. eye-sore

eye-sore

E cigs are being targeted in usa because of big tobacco and tax money thats follows.the govt has the most to lose second to tobacco companies.in the uk these are regulated and studied with little to no warnings. My doctor gave me the green light and at the least its less harmful to my lungs.my particular brand delivers nicotine thru a vapor that is used in nebulizers and inhalers

hawgeye likes this.
  9. bobcolenso

bobcolenso

It's easy to quit smoking, I've done it DOZENS of times. Been stopped for about 25 years now. I do a lot of bicycling now and hope to do my first century ride (100 miles) this summer doing two "figure 8's" around Grand Lake and Long Lake in Presque Isle County.

bobberbill and eye-sore like this.
  10. junkman

junkman

It's best to just quit nicotine altogether.The only thing you are doing by vaping is changing the vehicle in which the nicotine is delivered.

11. eye-sore

eye-sore

Totally agree junkman.

12. brigeton

brigeton

I quit about 6 weeks ago again.
    I have quit several times using nicotine lozenges, cold turkey, you name it. I used Chantix once and it didn't do much for me. I've done hypnosis and it gives you lots of will power to get started but it doesn't last, at least for me.
    The last 2 or 3 times I've quit I've gone about 7 months then get tired of fighting the craving and lose my will power. Hopefully this time will be better.

13. eye-sore

eye-sore

Thats why i went with the e cig.i knew that would happen to me too

14. Oldgrandman

Oldgrandman Woods and Water Rat Premium Member

Cough up some blood, you'll quit smoking yesterday!!! :yikes:

Turned out to be a virus when it happened me, no spots, no cancer, and no anything else. Never went back, tossed the partial pack I had and haven't gone back......don't want to after that scare.

It's just a habit. Your mindset is either weak or strong on quitting. I quit once before on the mindset that I should and for no other reason, but I started back up. Give me a motive like lung cancer and dying that death?! I am easily in for the long run!

GOOD LUCK!

bobberbill and Zkovach1175 like this.
  15. tgafish

tgafish Premium Member

You guys still sucking on your nicotine pacifiers are pathetic slaves. How about growing a pair and taking back your freedom.