Quit smoking/now e ciggin it

Discussion in 'Sound Off (MichiganForums.com)' started by eye-sore, May 13, 2018.

1. eye-sore

eye-sore

Been off tob cigs for 6 full days now. Switched to a local chain e cig company. I must say im impressed with the transition. Already noticing a huge gain in endurance as well as general feeling of well being. Anybody else recently switch or just quit cold turkey??? Lets hear your stories if you care to share. Its no easy task and anybody that has done it should be proud.

Jigawhat, LushLife, yoopertoo and 2 others like this.
  2. Lake Boy

Lake Boy

Both my daughters quit,one with Chantix,one cold turkey.Cost was big factor.One leased a new car with the savings.

3. eye-sore

eye-sore

Cost wasnt even a motivator lol.i was tired of feeling like ****.

petronius likes this.
  4. Blaine man

Blaine man

With sore eyes? Just kidding, what brand did you use? Been thinking about these myself, thanks.

eye-sore likes this.
  5. junkman

junkman

I quit last November.Stopped buying cigarettes and started buying cheap cigars to chew on and puff a little to help with the cravings.After two weeks I quit the cigars.

6. petronius

petronius

I used Chantix for about a month and a half before completely quitting. Haven't had a cigarette since January 28. I kept up with the Chantix for a little over a month after quitting.
    I sometimes get an empty feeling in the throat/chest area for a minute or two in the morning, when I would usually smoke a cigarette, but I take a wintergreen Lifesaver when that happens.
    I smoked for about 45 years.

7. hawgeye

hawgeye

I quit 7 years ago. I'm used black and milds to help me with the cravings. I smoked 2 packs a day for 25 years. I quit because I was spending a hundred a week on smokes. I bought a brand new truck with the cig money. Second hand smoke still smells really good and I still crave them but could never go back.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

8. junkman

junkman

I tried Chantix and it made me crazy.Not like hurt myself crazy.Like hurt everybody around me crazy.

LushLife likes this.
  9. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

I quit drinking and smoking 12 years ago. Feel great. Actually feel better at 58 than I did at 45.

Now I have an addiction to pressed coffee and espresso.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  10. eye-sore

eye-sore

I use the A Clean Cigarette. I thought about asking doc for chantix but heard it screwed with your head.. Ive had this thing a week now and just figured it out really. It gives you that throat hit all smokers crave. They ask allot of questions and try to match it for you habit and brand.it was 25 and 50 bucks for the kit.

petronius likes this.
  11. petronius

petronius

The only problem I had with Chantix was some really bizarre dreams just before waking up.

wyandot likes this.
  12. imjon

imjon

Quit cold turkey over a year ago. Never had any hard cravings, occasionally I'd want one but then I'd just ignore the feeling.
    Now gum on the other hand is proving difficult to stop. It's what I transitioned to once I quit the cigs. Also surprising is no weight gain, but I do use the Anytime fitness place in town most days.

13. ESOX

ESOX Staff Member Super Mod Mods

Gyms and such are excellent stress reducers as well.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

14. imjon

imjon

Naw, they just plain suck.
    It's just that getting older and stiffer sucks worse.
    So even twenty minutes on a bike machine every morning is better than nothing.

pescadero and ruger 454 like this.
  15. emrducks

emrducks

Quit on March 1st of this year. Smoked for 30 years and never thought that I would ever be able to. Picked up the habit of vaping using a Juul and that’s the only thing that’s helped me. Now I have to start to wean myself off of that!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

eye-sore likes this.