Pulled the trigger finally! (Pics)

Discussion in 'Center Pin Fishing' started by Duck-Hunter, Apr 14, 2018.

1. Duck-Hunter

Duck-Hunter Staff Member Mods

I finally got mine after a usps hiccup, put them in the other day and fished stockerfest over on the Huron. Which has a lot of slow water, startup has improved. My stock bearing were pretty good I would say, the abec7’s were definitely worth the $30 upgrade.

adam bomb likes this.
  2. ramjet

ramjet

>>abec7’s were definitely worth the $30 upgrade.<<

Is the upgrade hard to do? I have some fairly basic tools and skills, but nobody will confuse me with being a skilled machinist or anything.. TIA.

3. adam bomb

adam bomb

Super easy. Took about 3 minutes. Remove the center bolt that holds the spool to the back plate. A small Phillips screw driver to remove the bearing cover. I used a bobber to push out the bearings and spacer. Pushed new bearings in with bobber. Very easy.

ramjet likes this.
  4. adam bomb

adam bomb

Well I ran the new Abecs yesterday for the first time. I was very happy with their performance. BOCA has a promo going right now. 25SPRING18 for 25% off your purchase. I ordered another set for my 4 3/8” Matrix. Discount put them at $23.71.

There’s also some shiny feeesh swimming around. Caught a few suckers as well and lost a nice walleye. Spawn and egg yolk beads in 8 mm.
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1525887416.056195.jpg
    ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1525887447.908848.jpg

Duck-Hunter and Munuscool like this.
  5. anticipation

anticipation

Yup I pulled the trigger on centerpins this year also , unfortunately I have an itchy trigger finger ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1526340367.166434.jpg started with an okuma raw 2 and ended up with 2 Colvilles shortly after that .

Duck-Hunter and adam bomb like this.
  6. flyrodder46

flyrodder46

Welcome to your new addiction!:)

Duck-Hunter likes this.