Print Out of Aerial Photo?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Habitat' started by Whit1, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Whit1

Whit1 Premium Member

There are several sites where I can get to an aerial photo of my property. The Antler Insanity app on my smart phone is the best and most up-to date. Terra Server, Google Earth, etc. all have them. How do I to put such a photo in a file on my computer and/or get a good print out of the photo? Where can I do this and how do I do it once I get to the site?

I'd like to share it in this forum.

2. swampbuck

swampbuck

Years ago when the internet was new.

I printed off a bunch of aerials from terra server, that was the only website that had them then, I printed off at least 20 photos on regular paper, panning across the area I wanted. And taped them together to make 1 big Arerial. Took it to the arts and craft store and had it laminated.....a buddy still uses it. It's the whole deadstream.

Had some smaller ones laminated also of other areas.

Kinda primitive. But it works, and you can get what you want

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014

3. multibeard

multibeard Premium Member

Whit

Another good aerial site is www.flashearth.com. It uses bing maps I believe. I use it all the time but have never tried to put it in a file or print.

Tom

4. smith34

smith34

A lot of counties will print them out for you large also for a pretty small fee and they are better resolution than you can get off the internet.

5. Luv2hunteup

Luv2hunteup

MyTopo will print you a nice photo for a small fee. I have a framed print of both my camp plus had then print copies of my buddies camps. They make a nice gift. 24"x36" is the scale I had printed.

6. StevenJ

StevenJ Inscrutable Mastermind Premium Member

Based on the way you asked the question, the best way would be for you to ask someone to do it for you.

How to print a good aerial map:

- use a good desktop computer with good graphics and large monitor.
    - do a screen capture
    - PASTE the screen capture to PAINT or similar program
    - Edit
    -SAVE AS a .JPG file
    - take the file to the print store (on a USB flash drive or SD card) like Walmart, Costco or Sam's Club. Or upload the file to their sites online.
    - print a poster or large photo.

previous post:

https://www.michigan-sportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=434225&highlight=aerial+print

7. bioactive

bioactive Tornado Jim Premium Member

Yes, this is the way I do it. I make the image as large as possible on my 27 inch monitor and do a screen capture. I get quite high resolution doing that.

Whit if you want to send me the GPS location and outline of what you want and I will screen capture it and send you back a high definition image that you can take to a printer.

8. Whit1

Whit1 Premium Member

Jim, send me a PM with your email address and I'll email you the details including a very fuzzy photo of the property. We'll be heading south to FL next week and my printer is packed to take along so I can print out an outline photo of the property, but can send the photo mentioned above.
    Thanks

9. bucko12pt

bucko12pt

http://www.liaa.org

Just had some printed there last week of property we will be hunting next week in KS. They will pull it up while you are there, print and laminate it if you want, any size you want. Might be able to call them and have them do it for you via phone or online.

They are located on a Munson Ave near NMC.

10. Mightymouse

Mightymouse Premium Member

I did that last spring with our place but never got it laminated. It is a bit roughed up now since it's just paper. Depite some wrinkles and wear I have had two new visitors out to hunt our place with me and have used it to explain the layout of the property, stand locations, deer patterns, etc to them.

It works but I would love to have a much more "finished" version to use. A site that I know a lot of people use is MyTopo, which was mentioned already.

11. Radar420

Radar420

If you want to share it on this site just take a screen shot of your area with your smartphone, email it to yourself, download it to your computer from your email, and then upload it to this site.

I'm sure Bio can post it up once you send him the info as well ;)