close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Precision Trolling Pro Ed question

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species Fishing' started by brdhntr, May 30, 2011.

1. brdhntr

brdhntr

Ok, so I had my old tried and true Precision Trolling Guide. It was the old cardboard type pages, and it had mini disks, and a bunch of stuff that aren't in the newer ones. Left it on a buddy's boat, and it got lost, so he have me a new Pro Edition. Nice upgrade, you would think. I can deal with the fact it doesn't have some of the things I used a lot from the old book, like the disks. What I don't understand is that it says New Plastic Pages, but the only pages that are plastic are the cover and back. All the pages in the middle are cheap thin paper. Not going to last 10 minutes on a wet day. Definitely not better than the previous cardboard stock type.

2. Mills Fleet Farm

Mills Fleet Farm

3. lewy149

lewy149 Banned

Mines wet and ruined, those laminated pages suck. Great book but I pissed 20 bucks down the drain. Only page I try and use is about snap weights.

4. Offfishn

Offfishn

Moving from St Clair Shores to Port Hope MI
    Old thread....
    Are these guides available some place?

5. fishingmonster

fishingmonster

E Bay expensive though

6. UplandnWaterfowl

UplandnWaterfowl Premium Member

App store on your phone, you can buy only the lures you use.

7. 386xf

386xf

Or u can buy single stickers for the lures u have for $1.99 ea.

8. JAA

JAA

You have to shop! It take time, Setup an email notification on Ebay whenever one gets listed! This one I bought was a Buy-Now listing. That was in Great condition for $48.00 shipped. It's the Pro-Edition with the fireline data, which was the last year produced. I had been watching for one for at least a year, I was Not willing to shell out some of the prices some of these people wanted:coco: When I received it, The return address was a repo company in ohio, I assume they repoed a boat and this was in it???? And yes the pages are thin with a real thin laminate I can see how they could stick together with fishy hands! So I'm Relaminating it with good stuff, You can get a phone download edition, $110.00, But I wanted a hardcopy I could hold in my hand!! So much easier to use and see on the water. https://www.precisiontrollingdata.com/

9. Offfishn

Offfishn

Thanks for the replies folks!
    I will keep looking or maybe not.

Just what people need, trying to read a phone screen, while piloting a boat in a congested fishing spot or stopping to look at a decal on our box.
    I do not want a phone app, that's what you call GREAT customer service, listening and providing what your customer WANTS.
    I guess Mark Romanack and crew know what the fishing market wants.....NOT!

10. ebijack

ebijack Premium Member

Find/get your book. Fire up Excel. Type in the into you want. Change colors etc etc. Print and tape the info onto the inside of each lid showing thru the cover. Now it's water proof using 2" clear tape.
    Everytime you grab a box, the depths are right there in front of you. I bought 3 of the books (lost to water) before a buddy suggested the file quite a few years ago. Example:
    [​IMG]
    You don't need/want every depth on the curve. Most cranks, if you go every 10ft, your depth only increases a couple feet. So I skipped alot of depths that didn't make a difference. If that makes sense.

UBDSLO1 and JAA like this.
  11. TeamBuckshot

TeamBuckshot

I lucked out and a neighbor of mine found a 4th edition at an estate sale for a few dollars. He fishes too but thought I needed the book more and gave it to me. No Bandits in the charts so I ended up buying the chart off of the app for $1.99.

12. Offfishn

Offfishn

OK!
    - I picked up a rubber net at Cabela's yesterday. I bought the landing net with the extendable handle (54"-84") as I will be fishing by myself most times until I get to know some people who fish in the thumb area.
    - I picked up 8 of the Cabelas 3750 Plano boxes on sale in Dundee (4boxes for 9.49$)
    - I got a 3 lb. spool of "Big Game" 20# for backing.
    - I bought a spool of 10# Fluorocarbon.
    - In early December I put an ad on Craiglist "Wanted" for "fishing stuff" and I picked up a lot of odds and ends stuff AND a three book set of "Precision" books.
    Not new, but really cheap!

I will be taking Tom's advise about printing out the charts in Excel, laminating them and then tape them to the inside of the Plano storage boxes, Thanks Tom

[​IMG]

- I found some springs to switch my Offshore In-lines over to Tattle-tales, I had the little eye- bolts, plastic washers and SS wire.

Left to do:
    - Read up on and decide on a good Fish-finder, GPS, Auto-pilot console head, not necessarily all in one unit.
    - Read up on and decide on an Auto-pilot for my boat (aluminum w/2 outboards, main and kicker)
    - Find fish......

Attached Files:

ebijack likes this.
  13. Johndf02

Johndf02

Offfishin,
    Please keep us up to breast on your search for an autopilot, as I have the same set-up and am interested in the same for my Lund 1850 Tyee.

14. Offfishn

Offfishn

Will do.
    A few of the folks here at MS have been giving me some good info on the side.
    I like the Minn kota bow mount with autopilot, but I think I want to get back into some Salmon fishing also and I'm concerned about the stuff up front.
    I'm used to everything at the stern setup (old guy).
    I loved my hardtop salmon boat with the Raytheon AP ST???? with remote, and NEVER had ANY trouble with it.
    With the Minn kota AP you get the bow thrust motor and AP for 2000$+, or for about the same money I can get a cable/hydrualic rear engine mounted Raytheon/Lowrance/SIMRAD, but need a control head.
    I was hoping to hold off a little while and try to catch a ride this summer with some folks here on MS, who have these units and see how they work.
    I've been away from fishing for about 15 years and the new stuff is pretty awesome and expensive.