close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Practice

Discussion in 'Archery' started by Joe Archer, Jul 9, 2017.

1. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

I am definitely going to look into it. Do they have an EMS on standby, in case my fat butt has a heart attack lol.

itchn2fish likes this.
  2. Hoytman5

Hoytman5

You take the chairlift to the top and work your way down. Just make your boys pull the arrows and that will save you some miles. Also, we did the 3 hardest courses on Friday and that is why so many miles. You can shoot 1 or 2 courses a day if you prefer. If you search Total Archery Challenge/Boyne Mtn. on Youtube you can see quite a few videos. Michigan Out of Doors filmed a segment there this year.

3. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

I watched the MOOD segment and will do some research on it. Thanks for posting about it.

Hoytman5 likes this.
  4. Roman1

Roman1

Arrow weight totals 416gr.
    65lbs draw weight.
    29in draw
    I m

5. grapestomper

grapestomper

Unless you change your entire arrow setup there is not much you can do. Are your arrows trimmed down as short as they can be. May gain some speed with a shorter arrow. Could gain some speed with 2" vanes as compared to long vanes. You could try a lighter broad head weight. Say 85 grains. Not sure what you have on your string for extras. silencers, or any weight on your string that could slow it down a little.
    Otherwise your setup is pretty standard and without increasing weight of draw your gains with these changes will help some but probably not all unless your arrows currently are extra long. Good luck.

Roman1 likes this.
  6. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Mods

... makes perfect!
    Well not perfect, but close enough! Shot 4 arrows yesterday (only one round, no warm-up from the distances); 1 each from 50, 40, 30, and 20 yards. Broadhead shot was the 30. Walked away saying to myself "Yeah! I'm ready"!
    [​IMG]
    <----<<<

7. stickbow shooter

stickbow shooter

I haven't shot in about a week. I tweaked something in my shoulder putting up a ladder stand. Hopefully it isn't serious.

8. michael marrs

michael marrs

I got a new carbon defiant, first NEW bow in 25 years, finished my broadhead league w/ my Mathews, and got the Hoyt out day before yesterday great, tight group out to 40, but at 40, I had one in the circle (2in sqare of tape), one touching the left side and 2, 1 in,. to the left. I have not done walk back yet , so am very happy. good luck this year, and be safe

Joe Archer likes this.
  9. Roman1

Roman1

IMG_1087.JPG I've got things working now too! Down to one arrow for practice. This was a cold shot from 50. Single pin standard sight.

Joe Archer likes this.
  10. snortwheeze

snortwheeze

With that fancy new bow ya'd think you would buy new arrows instead of arrows from 80's :p

AntiHuntersLoveMe likes this.
  11. AntiHuntersLoveMe

AntiHuntersLoveMe

New bow, new drop away rest... He's making some gains and catching up with modern times lol

I'm sure he'll come back with a KE comment as his rebuttal as usual.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

otcarcher likes this.
  12. Joe Archer

Joe Archer Staff Member Mods

No drop away. Still using the Silent Solution from the 80's. ;) My rotator cuff makes more noise than my arrow when I draw. Silence is golden!
    Aluminum arrows (besides better KE as already mentioned) - are heavier, quieter, slower so I can shoot fixed blades with field points out to 50 yards, and paper tune to PERFECTION! If I post another picture of an arrow it will be sticking 6 inches into the ground dripping with blood - THAT is all that really matters in my book. That, and confidence that if I get the chance to draw on a mature buck, I will be ready!
    [​IMG]
    <----<<<