Powerbait is some really tough stuff

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by piketroller, Jun 18, 2020.

1. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

So I take it the berkly swim baits will give a swim jig a side to side roll action? I’ve had to buy a lot swim baits to try and find that action. I havnt bought and berkly ones yet however, Hhhhmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. piketroller

piketroller

Not on a swim jig. Just a bare jighead with the line tie on top. Swim jigs have the eye wrong.

3. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

When you get time can you post a picture of your jig head. The swim jigs I make have a line tie at top but, maybe not far enough on top

4. piketroller

piketroller

5. mbirdsley

mbirdsley

Ok I see now. I actually have some of those that I bought from a guy in Illinois. I bought them for swim baits. I just need to commit to them for a whole day to figure them out

Tactical bassin has a video out about swim jig roll. Basically you need a really stiff tail for to get the roll action. They are also throwing 3/4-1oz swim jigs out west

6. Papa Liver

Papa Liver

Yeah Phil I must agree with Aj and Old Lund. We’re about done with your scientific approaches. You fished on my boat. I know you guy. You just wore us thin with you’re ********. I quit hitting the forum cause of your posts anymore. Not saying you’re a bad guy. You’re definitely intelligent just nobody needs a preacher. Aj’s my boy so we’ve been talking about this moment for like 2 summers. Phil obviously you have been successful and live on the water with a nice new boat. But we got sick of the cockiness. As Dave Chapelle would say **** Yo Couch!

7. piketroller

piketroller

Short bits of text is not the best communication medium because it is void of non-verbal cues and greater context. So everyone naturally fills in those gaps with perceptions that may or may not be accurate, and it’s hard to change the direction of that snowball once it starts rolling.

If my posts are bleeping you from enjoying this site, then put me on ignore if you have to. I’ve got engineer’s disease where pretty much everything is viewed as a potential problem to be fixed with structured problem solving. Most people have different ways of thinking and that’s fine. The best way of thinking is whatever works for that individual.